Emissions Sticker Photos

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
I am trying to get an image collection of EMISSIONS LABELS from our vehicles.

On some Mustangs, older, I understand the label was near the cowl, and is aluminum with black text. On the newer(better) Mustangs, the label was placed on the valve cover or maybe air cleaner housing and is yellow backround with black text(I think).

dbpdox.jpg

So, if you can:

1. Upload a photo.

2. Provide Model/Motor/Year/Engine/#V or anything else, that would be great.

If you are looking for a decal, here are a couple of sources:

http://www.dearbornclassics.com/engine-and-related/engine-decals/emission-decals.html?p=2

http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=f&id=16

You forgot about the great 250 CID 6 cylinder engine! On my 73 it is located on the side of the rocker cover My stock photo closeup did not turn out. I will have to go and take another picture up close.

I have another sticker on front of the rocker cover too:

Actually, that was the motor my car was born with.

TAKE CARE OF THOSE STICKERS, especially the smog. That is the ONLY ACCURATE specs for your motor.

Got 1!!!

Here is mine.
Beautiful.

I notice the CONFORMS TO CALFORNIA EMISSIONS on the label.

Are you aware if the car was ever to California?

I know in the late 70's and onward, most all Fords conformed to California Emissions...well, not really. But Ford put the sticker on anyway and had the dealers fiddle around with the cars.

Some guys here want to use this sticker as evidence the car is a California original car, but I would disagree. Perhaps you can lend credence to this.]

Thanks.

You forgot about the great 250 CID 6 cylinder engine! On my 73 it is located on the side of the rocker cover My stock photo closeup did not turn out. I will have to go and take another picture up close.

I have another sticker on front of the rocker cover too:

Mike, what happened to the bolt on the front of your valve cover, looks like it's missing, or have I had too many beers ?:p

Here is mine.
Beautiful.

I notice the CONFORMS TO CALFORNIA EMISSIONS on the label.

Are you aware if the car was ever to California?

I know in the late 70's and onward, most all Fords conformed to California Emissions...well, not really. But Ford put the sticker on anyway and had the dealers fiddle around with the cars.

Some guys here want to use this sticker as evidence the car is a California original car, but I would disagree. Perhaps you can lend credence to this.]

Thanks.
I am sure that it has never been in California. I have owned it since new and I special ordered it.

Here is mine..73 Q code, auto, air, CA car, build date 6/12/73.

If someone knows where I can get one, I would appreciate it. Have looked and can't seem to find the same part number on bottom right (D3ZE-9C485-RA).

Jeff

2m3jw42.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

If someone knows where I can get one, I would appreciate it. Have looked and can't seem to find the same part number on bottom right (D3ZE-9C485-RA).

Jeff
Wow...That is great. I would have to believe someone could reproduce it for you.

Also, and I am not doubting the Q code one bit, but it is interesting there is no mention of a 4v on this sticker, and no mention of CJ, which is what the Q in the VIN would indicate.

I know at this time in the emissions history of our cars, they didn't have time to record all of the details on the sticker.

However, that sticker is a keeper. THANKS!!!!

Jeff

2m3jw42.jpg
s
What is interesting is the one here:

http://catalog.osborn-reproduction.com/index.php?productID=76729

It is a SA instead of an RA, and it looks so much different

I am not sure I agree with his note that the sticker shown on this link is after 1-1-1973 because I have not seen one like it that I can recall on any 1973 Mustan I have seen.

But you might ask him to reproduce yours...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Pegasus. I see they have a replacement for my tattered decal above. I will be refurbishing those valve covers in the coming months and that decal is just what I need. I also need one for my C6 Mach 1 (built July 1973). I don't see one of those anywhere. I wonder what the difference is between their pre Jan 1, 1973 decals and the post Jan 1,1973?

Back