Shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff, your car is the one I've been watching with interest. Cool subframe posts and all. I am leaning to KYBs and Bigger front bar along with Shelby style traction bars and of course bigger rims and tires. Also I've been doing research on the steering box upgrade mentioned on this site as we have a big Pick a Part 10 minutes from here.

I bought a set of Gabriel Shocks from AutoZone about 10 years ago, they were "Lifetime Warranty" I replace them almost every 3 years for free, when the ride starts to feel sloppy.

I bought a set of Gabriel Shocks from AutoZone about 10 years ago, they were "Lifetime Warranty" I replace them almost every 3 years for free, when the ride starts to feel sloppy.
Now that's a good piece of advice.

Not to thread jack, but since it's along the same lines, is the conversion to Coil Overs worth the cost?

KYB Gas-a-Just here. My first set lasted 120.000 km before they started to get a little sloppy!!

You can get pretty good handling/comfort ratio with those and they are not expensive.

I planned on going with Konis but they are more than twice the price of the KYBs and with my cut front springs they might have been too stiff.

IMHO you can't beat the KYBs in terms of bang for the buck.

Not to thread jack, but since it's along the same lines, is the conversion to Coil Overs worth the cost?
Reasons for no:

1. You drive straight.

2. You drive very little.

Reasons for yes:

1. You drive like a mad man.

2. The rubber on the OEM suspension sucks, wheres out the minute you start driving, and deteriorates quickly.

3. You like to have the car turn with the wheel.

Things to be careful of:

More traction on the front end means greater chance of the rear end coming around on a turn, what we Nascar guys call a LOOSE condition.

Don't ask me how to test this. As the French say, j'ne sait pas.

Back