New guy from West Michigan

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
Hello, I have a yellow 73 convertible, 351c, 2v heads, Edelbrock performer intake, 650 Holley, c-6 (converting to a T-5), 9" w/ 2.75 peg leg. I have owned the car since 1988, it is an ongoing project.

Thanks for starting this forum, I am looking forward to some good stuff here.[/font]

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

Hi Jeff!

Does your Convertible have ram air? What is driving you toward swapping the C6 out for a T5?

Sounds like a really nice ride.

BT

Cobra,

Your questions in order;

Kinda, have the ram air hood and a borrowed ram air aircleaner from a 429 car, just have to fab the plenum from some aluminum sheet.

As for the trans question; Just gotta have 3 pedals, more fun to drive and with a 2.75 gear its gonna have some REAL long legs. The main purpose is a good road car that can be driven anywhere, anytime.

Jeff

Sounds like a GREAT plan.

It is REALLY refreshing to see how many people in our hobby are gravitating toward driving these classics.

BT

Cobra,

Your questions in order;

Kinda, have the ram air hood and a borrowed ram air aircleaner from a 429 car, just have to fab the plenum from some aluminum sheet.

As for the trans question; Just gotta have 3 pedals, more fun to drive and with a 2.75 gear its gonna have some REAL long legs. The main purpose is a good road car that can be driven anywhere, anytime.

Jeff
you can buy the plenum online at a few sites now a lot less trouble than making one.

Cobra,

Your questions in order;

Jeff
you can buy the plenum online at a few sites now a lot less trouble than making one.
Our site supporter OMS has repro plenum's ready to go!

http://www.ohiomustang.com/store/order_page.asp?itemid=2030

A couple of issues with the available plenums. I have a 351c with a 429 air cleaner which will position the air cleaner in a different spot. If I were to buy one it would not be aluminum and fabricated by my 2 hands. I really like fabricating one off parts. I do have access to an original pleum to use as a pattern.

Sounds like a GREAT plan.

It is REALLY refreshing to see how many people in our hobby are gravitating toward driving these classics.

BT
It is driven frequently, convertible season here in Michigan is too short as it is. It will be driven 4 out of 5 days this week to work. I have friends in our car club who have never seen the top up. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Another 73 convertible:) Great to see and welcome to the forum. I just joined recently also.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back