My Car Featured in August 2013 Mustang Monthly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe
All,

I finally got it today, been waiting since Oct of last year when Scotty came down to SC and did the photo shoot. I was asked to wait until the article was published before I put anything out about it. Check out the feature article on page 50 of the August Mustang Monthly. I really can't describe this feeling... even though there were a few mistakes in the article, identifying the car as a 71 instead of a 73. For the record, I don't think that was Scotty, must have been the editing staff at the magazine. I did have input on the content of the article on my background and the specific info about the car but that's it. Scotty came down and took hundreds of photos, all in all, it was great meeting him and a really cool experience. Check it out and let me know what you all think.

Here are a few pictures that he sent me from the shoot:

067a.JPG

Mustang2.JPG

Mustang3.JPG

Way to go man! Semper Fi!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still haven't received my August issue in the mail!

Good for you! Love the pics! I'm diggin' the color of your car!

I have not received my copy yet either, but am looking forward to checking it out. I enjoy receiving my Mustang Monthly, but I have noticed a lot of editorial mistakes over the years, some are real bloopers!

Congratulations! Your car looks great! Scotty told me that he was going to use my car, but I am sure that yours looks better. I will look for the magazine.

Cool!!! your car looks great, you should use a few of those pictures and enter it in Car Of The Month contest...

I haven't recived Mustang Monthly in a few years, I just visit their website every now and then, do they cover many older mustangs?

Cool!!! your car looks great, you should use a few of those pictures and enter it in Car Of The Month contest...

I haven't recived Mustang Monthly in a few years, I just visit their website every now and then, do they cover many older mustangs?
Yes the older mustangs make up bulk of the mag. Some editorial mistakes here and there but they do admit it when they were wrong in the next issue. Sometimes i find the bloopers funny. The have nice tech articles and they don't seem afraid to leave out the 71-73's from the publication either. I recommend it, it's only mag i still subscribe to.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It really was a treat meeting Scotty and we did confirm today that this mistake was the magazines fault. I'm really not too upset about it, the only thing that really sucks is now I may not mat and frame the cover and the article like I planned to. We'll see what happens, Scotty is working with the editor on a fix. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again...

AWESOME!!! ::thumb::

Every time I see a '71-'73 in the mag, I wonder if it's going to be one of 'Our Gang.'

Mat and frame it anyway!

Back