Resto mod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
It's been torn apart almost as far as I dare go. Time for some rust preventing, rewiring, touching up, customizing, and re-assembly. Adding AC, heat, gauges, seats, stereo, fuel injection, overdrive, electric fan, "posi" rearend, and new windshield. Trying to complete this build in 4 weeks. Here goes!

I agree. I decided to start posting when I was almost done with the "teardown" phase. Just welded in my first custom bracket for a front speaker.

IMG_2070.JPG

Guilty! I built an A-team van about two years ago. Posted the build on another forum. I'll post a link if anyone wants to check it out.

Awesome video Luxstang! Your car has the perfect stance. I originally stuffed a 5.0 from a junkyard into my mustang for a music video a couple of years back. I'm just now getting around to cleaning it up and making a reliable daily driver out of it.

Ok, some things are awesome stock, but the sound of a single paper speaker that is over 40 years old is not one of them. Some nice quality speakers I got on the open box table at best buy. 40 bucks.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2074.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Time for another update. Made a few modifications to the dash. Decided to make a new access for the computer and fuse box.

dash1.jpg

Ok, compartment created, computer in place. now to make some brackets to hold the computer, and then some for the fuse panel.

dash2.jpg

Got the computer mounting figured out, and test fitted it with the speaker and new air duct in place. Now to fab some kind of fuse panel mount.

Approximate location of the fuse panel. Looking forward to a long weekend of interior prep, and dash wiring.

Now I won't have to be a yoga instructor in order to see the fuses. Whoever designed the original fuse panel must have been a tiny flexible sadist.

fuse panel1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back