my 1971 351 boss

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canadian_red_maple_leaf

Reaction score
My Car
1966 Mustang K-Code Coupe
1968 VW Beetle
1969 Mustang Mach1
1971 Mustang 351 Boss
1972 Mustang Convertible
1983 Mercedes 280SL
hi folks,

many of you know my restoration(s). my boss isn't really done yet, but i'll keep you guys updated on the progress.

here's a link to my websites of the previous restorations i did.

http://v8austria.bplaced.net/index.html

having a boss as it is, is special but owning one outside of the US is kinda special. my 351B was exported to switzerland and is one of a dozen that went out in 1971. i was very fortunate to get this beauty and the best thing was that the car was complete and not abused in the past. the swiss cars were always premium quality and back in the days the US cars were better in quality than the european ones....so it was obvious that the wealthier swiss bought american cars.

abudi

Great car men!!... Not only the uniqueness of a boss... but his power and good name... Besides... overseas! woow!!!

I´m sure the friends here are going to be very participative in your marti as the car deserves! ;)

Question... My Marti Report (that you can see posted here) says, as yours "export decal" in the option list... I thought it meant the drivers door decal has a different text than all the other regular mustang decal... You can see that even in my Marti, the reproduction of the decal in the right upper side of the paper has a different text...

I see yours with the regurar text "this vehicle conforms to all applicable.... shown above" and mine says "this vehicle manufactured for export only on date shown above"

So... If what Marti says my decal should say, what does EXPORT DECAL means??

I´m gonna go to my Marti publication and ask this in the propper place but as both our cars are export cars, we can help each other too ;)

Again.. GREAT CAR!!!

That's a great option car.

Great car men!!... Not only the uniqueness of a boss... but his power and good name... Besides... overseas! woow!!!

I´m sure the friends here are going to be very participative in your marti as the car deserves! ;)

Question... My Marti Report (that you can see posted here) says, as yours "export decal" in the option list... I thought it meant the drivers door decal has a different text than all the other regular mustang decal... You can see that even in my Marti, the reproduction of the decal in the right upper side of the paper has a different text...

I see yours with the regurar text "this vehicle conforms to all applicable.... shown above" and mine says "this vehicle manufactured for export only on date shown above"

So... If what Marti says my decal should say, what does EXPORT DECAL means??

I´m gonna go to my Marti publication and ask this in the propper place but as both our cars are export cars, we can help each other too ;)

Again.. GREAT CAR!!!
Uruguay, you'd make a great investigative reporter! :D I enjoy the historical perspective that you guys overseas bring! I guess I should think about getting my Marti...

thanks for all the positive feedback. restoring a car like this overseas is a challenge. i mean just getting the parts right and finding a reasonable price is hard enough as it is. and now getting the parts for a boss.....almost impossible.

according to my research all dsos 90-99 were meant for export. all of the swiss cars were sent out from newark NJ. find enclosed the eminger invoice and mrs eminger explanation of the invoice. this might explain a few things.

best regards

abudi

Eminger invoice Boss S1.jpg

Eminger invoice Boss S2.jpg

Eminger letter.jpg

Back