Mach 1 grille running horse mod

mach1000

Playing around in the garage last weekend. I used the running horse from a standard grille. I like it. Just need to fabricate a bracket to hold it on.

71grille1.jpg.c34ea7faaab0e260f540974e11624be7.jpg

71grille2.jpg.70c6ecd5dabc092ab3a62e20a4aee0c8.jpg

71grille3.jpg.269d060c088e145b04c8a15085e17679.jpg

I like it !::thumb::

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

I've got one from my old 71 sportsroof. I'm going to give it a try because I do like the look of that.

1673if.png

50 F1

73 Mach 1

86 F150

96 F150

2014 F150

Always looking

1445412755_DSC_0191(Medium).thumb.JPG.f5c9152a087f718df7e3e08fb6ee4dad.JPG

I like it :D

My 72 has the standard grill also. I have seen it described as the "corral pony" grill. I guess the pony looks bigger without the corral? my car has no pony ornamentation with the red white blue bars. I believe the Boss cars also had simple chrome ponies on a black background also. Which cars in 7173 have the tri-color stripe ornaments?

I might just have to take the coral off as I do like the clean look.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Hello mach1000,

Larger Mustang Looks good. Question? The lights under the bumper. Are they mounted to the front license plate or by some other means? Are they a small diameter type driving light. I was looking into mounting driving lights in the grill, just like the Shelby Mustangs, and saw what you did.

Thank You

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

Ditched the front plate. (its setting on the floor in back in case the cops need to see it) and made a bracket to mount the driving lights. They are on a switch. They are Hella brand 6" lights.

Hello mach1000,

Nice. The Hella brand 6" lights are a good looking set of driving lights. I am looking into the best way to mount a pair. I believe there is a member who has picture of a set mount just behind the grill. The 1967 Shelby is the inspiration behind this, plus better visibility at night. Thank you for the information.

mustang7173

Thanks,

mustang7173 🇺🇸

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" -- John Wayne

• 4 years later...

Nice combo of the two styles. As someone else mentioned, still looks stock enough to fool the uninitiated, but to the rest of us, it has that slightly custom touch!

Ham & Eggs: A day's work for a chicken, a life-altering experience for a pig.

'71 Grande, 351C Ram Air w/ Edelbrock carb and intake, 2 1/2" exhaust w/ DynaMax mufflers, NACA hood, front spoiler, 235/60-15 Radial T/As on 15x8 Vision Legend Five wheels, mostly new interior, several custom touches in and out...

• 10 months later...

Playing around in the garage last weekend. I used the running horse from a standard grille. I like it. Just need to fabricate a bracket to hold it on.

Looks good. I've been thinking that the banner grille ornament on the Mach 1 looks a little apologetic. Thanks for doing it before me so I could see it!