Car Shows

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
Never Done.
This upsets me, I know it should not. You take your car to a show, not for trophies[sometimes]:) but to look at the other cars and enjoy Car Talk. Someone comes in with a Brand New Car, maybe a little chrome add-on here or there. It wins a trophy, I'm not jealous:p ,ok little bit. These are shows with no actual classes. It just burns my A** sometimes, why you say,it didn't require any discipline to attain it. Like most here, the Sweat,Blood, Tears,Time,Angry Wives, and Money [which the Wives are angry about]:angel: to take a car and make it into something Special. Our Cars. Just had to vent, Thank You for Your Time.

Yup. I never plan to enter any of my cars in a real car show unless a group of my buddies are entering their 71-73s then we'd have a cool group of cars at the show.

Anyway I digress. Peoples choice? Yeah, I'll never vote for a new car when there are cool old cars I can vote for.

My first show with the FF Cobra was a "peoples" choice show but was actually 90% kids voting and I got whipped by a cute little 70's dune buggy. I mean - seriously.:huh:

A new car is just that....a new clean car! Anyone can fork over the money and keep their car clean. I pee in their general direction, they have no place at a car show unless it is a car manufacturer showing off their latest model. :mad:

most of the car shows I have gone to have always been "Peoples Choice" I always seem to kick ass!! (they always comment about the color", and how different it looks compared to all of the 60's "Red" mustangs that seem to always show up.

but I don't understand the people that show up in the New Mustang, Camaro, or Vette, and get a First place or Best of show.

there us a couple the we bump into at almost every show they have a 2007 Vette "stock", and they get pissed if they don't get a trophy, the last show I went to I got top 30 and Mayors Choice, they got Pissed and left in a hurry pissed, and saying how they're not coming back next year to this show.

I have been showing my 89 GT since 1990, Does this still apply to me now that my GT is 24 years old?:D It take dedication to keep a daily driver in perfect condition for 24 years. OK it's not that hard living in So-Cal:cool:I entered my wife's 13 in last years San Diego's Mustang on the bay show. We didn't get a trophy and I didn't care. To me it was just being part of the show with are new ride. It worked out that we had the only 2013 in the show so it got plenty of attention anyway. Now that the 13 is old news I will go back to showing my old fox body.:cool: There are more new stangs at these shows for sure,but to me it just shows that Mustang's are the coolest cars ever built.

I will be taking my 89 GT to the 50th in Vegas and leaving the 13 home.

mach 1 resto 021.jpg

SD show 2012 003.jpg

I went to a car show this weekend to hang out with friends and since it was very hot we left a little early. So I get a call last night saying I needed to pick up my trophy for the Best Ford. There were about 100 cars with the classes being best Ford, Chevy, Mopar and truck.

There were no other 71-73's but several 65-70 mustangs, a few fairlanes/galaxies and a really nice Model A. Also present were several new mustangs, fox bodies and even a 69 Shelby gt350 vert.

I never expect anything at shows and only go to hangout with other car people so I am totally shocked since I never even considered it being possible. Chalk one up for the 71-73's!

My first show with the FF Cobra was a "peoples" choice show but was actually 90% kids voting and I got whipped by a cute little 70's dune buggy. I mean - seriously.:huh:
Dude, at a loss for words here. A dang dune buggy. That's so freaking wrong!!!

This upsets me, I know it should not. You take your car to a show, not for trophies[sometimes]:) but to look at the other cars and enjoy Car Talk. Someone comes in with a Brand New Car, maybe a little chrome add-on here or there. It wins a trophy, I'm not jealous:p ,ok little bit. These are shows with no actual classes. It just burns my A** sometimes, why you say,it didn't require any discipline to attain it. Like most here, the Sweat,Blood, Tears,Time,Angry Wives, and Money [which the Wives are angry about]:angel: to take a car and make it into something Special. Our Cars. Just had to vent, Thank You for Your Time.
I don't usually enter in car shows, but this coming Sunday at our Church the youth are having a car show for a fund raiser. I am going to enter both my 72 Mach 1 and my 2012 Mustang. I may also enter my BMW/sidecar outfit if they will take motorcycles. I care nothing about trophies, I just want to help the kids out.

I have been showing my 89 GT since 1990, Does this still apply to me now that my GT is 24 years old?:D It take dedication to keep a daily driver in perfect condition for 24 years. OK it's not that hard living in So-Cal:cool:I entered my wife's 13 in last years San Diego's Mustang on the bay show. We didn't get a trophy and I didn't care. To me it was just being part of the show with are new ride. It worked out that we had the only 2013 in the show so it got plenty of attention anyway. Now that the 13 is old news I will go back to showing my old fox body.:cool: There are more new stangs at these shows for sure,but to me it just shows that Mustang's are the coolest cars ever built.

Wow, that 89 GT is outstanding, keep it clean and keep showing it... or let me know if you're going to sell it...

Wow, that 89 GT is outstanding, keep it clean and keep showing it... or let me know if you're going to sell it...
Thanks. I'm thinking of selling it after the 50th show in Vegas next year. I bought it new 10/19/89.It's been a great car,never wrecked and no rust ever. Everything works a/c blows cold,needs nothing. At this time it has 138k on it. It was my daily driver up in till last year when the wife got her 13. Fly to So-Cal drive it home.

There is a local mom + pop store about 10 mi. from me . They have a show usually 5-7pm (when it's cooler) every so often . It's just the local boys , no entry fee , no trophies , just a big barbeque for a benefit cause . The public comes for free and pay a bit more than normal for a burger, but it's usually for someone with cancer . It's a good time with all the car guys shooting the bull. I like doing stuff like that to help people & just the compliments are a good enough trophy for me & theres no pressure . :D

I don't usually enter in car shows, but this coming Sunday at our Church the youth are having a car show for a fund raiser. I am going to enter both my 72 Mach 1 and my 2012 Mustang. I may also enter my BMW/sidecar outfit if they will take motorcycles. I care nothing about trophies, I just want to help the kids out.
That's the spirit. ;)

I like walking around looking at the cars for sure but it seems like trophy results are skewed in some weird way.

Thanks. I'm thinking of selling it after the 50th show in Vegas next year. I bought it new 10/19/89.It's been a great car,never wrecked and no rust ever. Everything works a/c blows cold,needs nothing. At this time it has 138k on it. It was my daily driver up in till last year when the wife got her 13. Fly to So-Cal drive it home.
I've seen the car live. It's in pristine condition and looks like it just left the factory. If you're in the market for such a car you can't go wrong with this one.

The late model Shelby GT 500's always win a trophy! At least some of the shows group the voting by generation and they do not compete with the older cars.

Yep this last weekend I was put in a 71 and newer class and got beat out by a new roush mustang. It didn't help that all the judging was done by the public and the people in the clubs all grabbed 20 ballets and voted for each other. Got a bunch of people after the show telling me I should've won my class and best paint, so that was cool.

Oh the wonders of car shows...

That is pretty cool. You (still) might get three trophies!!

But just knowing you're helping the kids is a trophy in itself.

Ray

Stopped going to car shows years ago. To many seemed seriously rigged or slanted to what ever the supporting club was. Or the brand new car off the lot wins for being nicest. Half the judges were clueless anyway.

Back