1971 M code Mach 1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f150tilt

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Here is my Marti report...looks to be an early car with a low number of options. No power robbing accessories;)

Yes and because of the very limited options, I consider it a really neat Mach 1. Great example of a new buyer willing to sacrifice a few (power robbing LOL) creature comforts to get the Mach 1.

Grabber Blue looks great on your car.

With that 3.0 open rear end, it was a nice driving Mach on the highway, and of course the gas milage would have been a little better. Have you changed it to a limited slip with a taller gear?

Ray

Thanks Ray...Yes I have a limited slip 3.89 installed which is fun in town but way too many RPM on the highway. The next project is the rear suspension so at that time I plan on changing it to 3:25 gears since I have some nice ford gears. I do have the original open 3:00 differential so it can be put back to stock.

Relative to another thread we currently are running, have you ever determined whether or not your "M" coded 351 4V has four bolt mains?

I believe ALL of the early 351 4V (M Codes) 1971 Mustangs had two bolt mains but am unsure.

Thanks.

BT

Here is the invoice Lois Eminger saved from Ford and a repro window sticker. Marti Auto called asking if I wanted the prices filled in since at the time my car was built there wasn't any pricing...they said the Dealer would hand write it in and asked if I wanted it blank or filled in. Big thanks to Kevin Marti for making this type of info available.

715_16_07_13_2_38_12.jpeg

715_16_07_13_2_42_23.jpeg

That's pretty cool that it has so few options. It may even be a rare 1 of 1 because of how many options it doesn't have. I've never seen one like this before.

Mine has 2 bolt mains...I also had this discussion with my engine builder and a Mustang restoration guy a few years ago. They both said most M codes were 2 bolt mains but a 4 bolt main code have been used since the factory used whatever they had. Has a 4 bolt M code been found?

Relative to another thread we currently are running, have you ever determined whether or not your "M" coded 351 4V has four bolt mains?

I believe ALL of the early 351 4V (M Codes) 1971 Mustangs had two bolt mains but am unsure.

Thanks.

BT
BT - M codes were 2 bolt blocks

That is cool..She like bare bones from hell...I love the color..Grabber blue is awesome original stock color....I still need to get the Lois Eminger paper my self...When i got my marti report while ago they did not offer it...Popped up just after i got mine..lol

Thanks.

BT
BT - M codes were 2 bolt blocks
Yes, I was pretty sure of that but am always trying to find that "elusive" exception to the "rule:)".

BT

I really like your car! It must have been one of the very first of it's kind. Needless to say, I am partial to your color.

Back