wheel opinions please

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71Rustang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Boss 302 Trans Am ,race car
Hello, I am torn. time for wheels for my71 mach,but I can't make up my mind1 magnum 500 5x8 front,15x10 rear

2 aluminum slots 15x8/8.5 front and rear

3 aluminum magnum 500 15x8 front,15x10rear

The car will be bright blue metallic,black mach1 stripes and half vinyl top

opinions please.

Chris

I think Option "3" aluminum magnum 500 15x8 front,15x10rear

I like the Magnum 500 look, and the Aluminum ones are light, and there is no Chrome to worry about rusting or pitting.

I like the slotted mags my self...I like magnum 500's too..But alot of stangs got them stuck on now days.

Bright blue with stripes...I'm sure you could not loose with either rim you choose...i think slotted are making a small come back...People wanting something diffrent but still original looking and nostalgic.

Pick your tires before your wheels.

15" tires are getting pretty tough to come by, especially if you don't like Goodrich.

Definitly my choice goes to the slotted mag, the ones I put on my car, I love them.

Hello, I am torn. time for wheels for my71 mach,but I can't make up my mind1 magnum 500 5x8 front,15x10 rear

2 aluminum slots 15x8/8.5 front and rear

3 aluminum magnum 500 15x8 front,15x10rear

The car will be bright blue metallic,black mach1 stripes and half vinyl top

opinions please.

Chris
Chris,

Check out this post. We are lucky enough to have a resident photoshop expert on this forum... Sumit. He photoshopped magnums on my car for me. I hope this helps you decide. I personally love the slots...

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sweet-photoshop

Good afternoon,thanks for the replies so far,yes I do intend to put BFGs on the car.I have them on my Capri and like them.I intend to drive the car every day,everywhere.

Has anybody on here ever seen the aluminum magnums in real life 2K for 4 wheels is mighty pricey,that is Minilte territoy:huh:I am leaning to get older slots, but with the 500s of either type I can get 10 inch rims that fit the rear.

Chris

Good afternoon,thanks for the replies so far,yes I do intend to put BFGs on the car.I have them on my Capri and like them.I intend to drive the car every day,everywhere.

Has anybody on here ever seen the aluminum magnums in real life 2K for 4 wheels is mighty pricey,that is Minilte territoy:huh:I am leaning to get older slots, but with the 500s of either type I can get 10 inch rims that fit the rear.

Chris
I prefer the slots as well. Here is my '73 vert with 14x7 rims and 225x70 R14's all the way around

car.jpg

Chris
I prefer the slots as well. Here is my '73 vert with 14x7 rims and 225x70 R14's all the way around
Cool color!!

Have to say the aluminum slotted wheels are sweet and are what I am going with. That is when I find them. :p Got beat out of a set last week by 1 hr. :( I see mags all over the place. I will keep looking.

Chris
Cool color!!

I went from slots to Magnum's. Pre NASA hood painted and front/rear spoilers.

IMAG0179.jpg

untitled.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again,that red convert is a beautiful car if I may say. both types of wheels look good,but now I must say that those mag500s are making me lean in that direction now.

Chris

I have been told HERE that all 1973 mustangs had 14" wheels. And since your car has the 1973 stripes it should have Ansen 14" alum slots. Put some BFG's on it and you will always be happy and welcome at car shows. They look great, they look correct.

I have been told HERE that all 1973 mustangs had 14" wheels. And since your car has the 1973 stripes it should have Ansen 14" alum slots. Put some BFG's on it and you will always be happy and welcome at car shows. They look great, they look correct.
Besides the magnum's at 15" here's an updated pic with NASA hood painted and front/rear spoilers. I know the magnum's weren't OEM for 73, but I think they look alot better than the slotted rims.

So I say go with Magnums.

Stang1.jpg

Cool color!!
And I have the old slots that were removed. Polishing and preparing to put them on my '73. Thanks again MPBSR.

Cool color!!
And I have the old slots that were removed. Polishing and preparing to put them on my '73. Thanks again MPBSR.
Glad I was able to sell them to you. It's amazing how people look at different items of our cars and what they think looks better. But hey..that's what makes us Mustang lovers.

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back