Marti report

John J

I have had it for over a year now. It was sitting in a warehouse for a long time. I had a few issues to reslove with leaking seals and hoses but all is good now. I had a 1973 Grande in high school and wanted to buy one for a long time. I found this convertible and had to have it.

John J

Nice looking car John! Lots of options and looks to have an interesting history since it was a special purpose vehicle. Looks like it hasn't strayed far from home since being built. Post up some more photos.

Steve

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code C6 Auto

73 Mach 1 Blue Glow/Argent Q Code 4 Speed

It was a ford company car for an engineer.Then it went down to Florida for a long time. It got a state of Florida inspection sticker on the windshield from 1982 . I have a copy of the Florida tile and the dealer invoice. The second owner past away and it sat in a warehouse in Michigan for a long time until I bought it for the owner son. It a very solid car and is mostly original. It got 140000 miles on it. It was ziebart back in the day and still has the plugs in the door jambs.

image.thumb.jpg.9a27889236c3e03af5e5d2d94b36b547.jpg

I grew up in downriver and my mom worked at Ford World HQ in Dearborn for 25 years. I bet that car was sold in the Ford "b" lot when the engineer was done with it. That's where they sold company cars from execs back in the day. We bought a couple of cars that way.

adpic.jpg

I think you are right. I had friend who's dad work for Ford and that how he got his cars. It used to aggravate me because the cars where all loaded and they paid next to nothing for them. They where only a year old with low mileage.

John

Wow, that's a lot of options! Great looking convert!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice and interesting car.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)