More testing and tuning for the 521

Guest BigPinoyHunk

Guest BigPinoyHunk

i did more passes and people suggested shifting at 6000rpms would help instead of shifting at 6500rpms. that actually slowed me down and launching with 300 more rpms actually made my tires spin. so i had 2 more clicks in the rear shocks and it helped alot.

here is a cool rear shot of the car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNzP9KY6qOc

here is my fastest pass when it cooled down to 90 degree. with shifting at 6500rpms and 500 past my max hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3beYajf3lA

i need double adjustable shocks in front and re-gear the rear cogs.

Guest BigPinoyHunk

That looks crazy, must be a real thrill. It almost look like you did a wheelie on the start.

my 3rd run of the day i had 11psi in the tires with the same shock adjustments and i pulled a pretty decent wheelie and more than usual. on that run, a friend of mine took a picture of the launch and i consistantly pull the front tires off the ground a few inches at least each run depending on my launch rpm.

i went back to 12psi in the tires because its more stable on the top end and 11psi in the tires felt a little loose.

That looks crazy, must be a real thrill. It almost look like you did a wheelie on the start.

Sweet set up Xoliex! Looks like it launches good. Do you limit front suspension travel? I have read where 5-6 inches seems to be the sweet spot and improves 60 ft time. Again, nice combo you have.

Guest BigPinoyHunk

Sweet set up Xoliex! Looks like it launches good. Do you limit front suspension travel? I have read where 5-6 inches seems to be the sweet spot and improves 60 ft time. Again, nice combo you have.

i'm actually using stock 429 springs and using a straight calvert 90/10 shock. i want to go to a double adjustable shock for tunability.

Guest BigPinoyHunk

i need more gear and a spare 3rd member so i pulled the trigger on a nodular case 35 spline spool with a 4.11 gear in it. it should make me cross the line at 6200rpms now like it should. i'm also going to use a stud girdle since i ET best at a 6500rpm shift.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigPinoyHunk

ok so i now have a street wavetrac 3.70 gear and a second diff in a TRACK ONLY spool 4.11. thats in the car now but now i'm waiting on my stud girdles to get here so i can strength up the drivetrain since i am running at 6500rpms in every gear. i'm going to set the lash a little tighter and see if i can pick up a couple more tenths.

Guest BigPinoyHunk

I'm looking for more than 10.99. That's only ..16 away. I gained. 41 more gear and stiffening valvetrain. I'm looking at 10.7-10.8.

I'm gonna try jetting too.

• 4 months later...
Guest BigPinoyHunk

looks like its moving pretty good.

i actually have other videos of me actually going 10.90s. i have plans going out next time going even faster. i put 1.8 rockers, put lighter wheels on along with taller front tires, and put engine stabiliziers on too. i'm also going to try jetting up 2 sizes in the secondary.