Interior Reproduction Parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpproducts

Reaction score
My Car
We manufacture reproduction parts and would like some feedback for 1971 1972 1973 Mustang. Not only in our quality, but parts that we don't have and people are in need of.
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but it was suggested that this was the "place to be" for everything relating to the 71-73 Mustangs. We are the manufacturers of the reproduction interior panels that has been quite the talk. I am posting, not only to clarify, but to get feedback from all of you out on the field. Our aim is the please the customer and if there's something that's been an issue, we'd like to hear about it and be given the opportunity to correct it. That way, you get the best quality reproduction part out there. We'd also like to hear about the parts and pieces that are in need. If there's a part you need and can't find anywhere else, let me know. All I ask is that you be courteous and respectful, as this is not meant to be a bashing series, but an exchange of information and constructive criticism. I will promise to you that I will not be a floating advertisement and try to push our parts on you. We at MP Products are fellow enthusiasts and started out, just like you all, restoring Mustangs of all years, which we continue to do so in our restoration shop. And we hold true to the idea of bringing good parts at an affordable price. Just because our parts are on the "cheaper" end, doesn't mean we are cheap. We just believe that taking pride in your car doesn't always have to cost an arm and a leg. So, please respond and ask. I will be posting pictures of the convertible quarter trim to assure everyone of their concerns and hopefully, together, we can get this issue resolved and make everyone happy. Thank you for your time and consideration

I personally have not purchased any of your products but I wanted to thank you for your posting. I appreciate your efforts and hope you will take the reviews of your products as professional - with the true intensions of making the products better.

Ray

Hello, im not to familiar with your company, could you post a link to your website so those of us who dont know you can check out what you offer. Regarding interior and speaking for only myself i know one thing that can not be found or bought in the re-production world is the A-pillar plastics, which at this point my originals are going to have to be glued and dyed in order to re-use them. It would be nice to finally have someone out there that could re-produce them for those originals that get cracked, broken, and crumble away.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I ask is that you be courteous and respectful, as this is not meant to be a bashing series, but an exchange of information and constructive criticism
"Courteous and Respectful" is the name of the game on this website, with the occasional B-Busting :D , you couldn't find a better bunch of guys!!.

Welcome to the site, as for the Repop Convertible quarter panels, Pease post some pictures this could be a good starting point for our cars!!.

I am interested in the Convertible rear quarters, and the Convertible A-pillars.

Our company website is: mpcustomproducts.com. That has a link to, not only our catalog, but our online store and our distributors as well. We are currently working on a mold for pillar posts, although, I can't tell you how long before it reaches the market. There is a long, grueling process before a part is released to the public and sometimes, even then, we have mishaps. I will absolutely keep everyone posted on our progress, at least to all that are interested. Thank you for your reply.

I saw only one part on your entire site that was for a 71-73: Lower steering column cover.

Sure hope you get a larger selection of 71-73 parts soon!

I see you are reproducing the fold down rear corners, MFCT71-3 . Are they available and who is selling them?

I see you are reproducing the fold down rear corners, MFCT71-3 . Are they available and who is selling them?
Yes, each side comes in 2 pieces (to save on shipping) and the price is for the complete set (both sides). All of our distributors are able to order them. I know that Mustang Depot of Las Vegas (Depot Automotive Group) does more drop shipments if you prefer it that way.

Welcome to the site. Along with the rest, I'm anxious to see what parts can now become available through reproduction. And I'm happy to see that you discuss a convertible part in your first post. :)

I've seen a lot of discussion about center consoles and interior door panels (deluxe or not) recently. Do you have any plans to reproduce them or related parts?

You are definitely in the right place for all things related to 71 - 73 Mustangs. ::welcome::

Welcome to the site. Along with the rest, I'm anxious to see what parts can now become available through reproduction. And I'm happy to see that you discuss a convertible part in your first post. :)

I've seen a lot of discussion about center consoles and interior door panels (deluxe or not) recently. Do you have any plans to reproduce them or related parts?

You are definitely in the right place for all things related to 71 - 73 Mustangs. ::welcome::
We currently make a reproduction quarter trim for the convertibles but there was some questions/issues with the fitment, which I hope to resolve. I will be putting up some pictures (tomorrow) of some of the mentioned issues to get some feedback on and hope it helps someone along the way. I realize it's hard to buy things online without seeing them firsthand so I will be as detailed as possible with the pictures. If there are other issues that are of a concern, that I didn't discuss after posting the pictures, please let me know. It is just as important to us to make a good quality part as it is for you all to receive a good quality part. I am hoping we can help each other through all of this.

We currently make a reproduction quarter trim for the convertibles but there was some questions/issues with the fitment, which I hope to resolve. I will be putting up some pictures (tomorrow) of some of the mentioned issues to get some feedback on and hope it helps someone along the way. I realize it's hard to buy things online without seeing them firsthand so I will be as detailed as possible with the pictures. If there are other issues that are of a concern, that I didn't discuss after posting the pictures, please let me know. It is just as important to us to make a good quality part as it is for you all to receive a good quality part. I am hoping we can help each other through all of this.
I am going to be needing a set of quarter trim panels for my vert...hopr you get that fitment problem solved before I need them

Welcome from Arkansas

I would just like to say welcome to the site. I appreciate your reaching out to this forum for future product ideas as well as feedback on your current offerings. Without a doubt this is the most knowledgeable group you are going to find to the somewhat neglected years of the first gen mustang. This is a very respectful group of folks who I hope you find truly interested in helping build your business in these niche years of mustangs. I hope you see the opportunity to beat the competition to the market with your products. Availability will draw them to you. Quality will keep them at your door. Look forward to a promising two way exchange in the future. Welcome.

"Quality will keep them at your door." :amen:

+1

Thanks Brian. Very well said. Somehow this gets forgotten by WAY too many = MOST vendors.

Ray

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but it was suggested that this was the "place to be" for everything relating to the 71-73 Mustangs. We are the manufacturers of the reproduction interior panels that has been quite the talk. I am posting, not only to clarify, but to get feedback from all of you out on the field. Our aim is the please the customer and if there's something that's been an issue, we'd like to hear about it and be given the opportunity to correct it. That way, you get the best quality reproduction part out there. We'd also like to hear about the parts and pieces that are in need. If there's a part you need and can't find anywhere else, let me know. All I ask is that you be courteous and respectful, as this is not meant to be a bashing series, but an exchange of information and constructive criticism. I will promise to you that I will not be a floating advertisement and try to push our parts on you. We at MP Products are fellow enthusiasts and started out, just like you all, restoring Mustangs of all years, which we continue to do so in our restoration shop. And we hold true to the idea of bringing good parts at an affordable price. Just because our parts are on the "cheaper" end, doesn't mean we are cheap. We just believe that taking pride in your car doesn't always have to cost an arm and a leg. So, please respond and ask. I will be posting pictures of the convertible quarter trim to assure everyone of their concerns and hopefully, together, we can get this issue resolved and make everyone happy. Thank you for your time and consideration
Thank you very much for taking the time to request feedback from our forum.

One thing I would like is to replace my 72 fastback quarter trims, but there have been reports from people that have bought them that the fastback quarter panels you sell at the moment have quality issues. A couple that I remember are that trimming is required to fit the floor, misalignment of mounting holes, front lip on the repop panel doesn't suit the Mustang windlace, and that the quarter trims are made from material that is way too thin.

Is this feedback that you have heard before? Because if the above is true then it sounds like some minor tweaks to the design could make a big difference in the usability (and hence the desirability) of these parts. I know I've personally been turned off by the feedback and I'm just waiting for the day that someone reports that they bought some quarter trims made of suitably solid material that dropped straight in without any mods and look great to boot. When I hear that I will open up my wallet in anticipation!

7PqCZam.jpg

Back