Gas Monkey aquired a 72 Convertible!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having followed Gas Monkey I suspect Aaron will want to lower it, flare the wheel wells and stuff the biggest and widest wheels/tires he can under the car. It'll be interesting to see what they do to it.

Wish they would do a Coyote like they did to the Galaxy. The more I see the late 60's Galaxy's the more they are really growing on me.
+1

that Galaxy came out Sweet!!

but I hope the couple who bought the Galaxy never has to change the Headers, they were a nightmare to install.

I have watched the show enough to guess that I wouldn't want to maintain many of the projects they build. I am pretty good with a wrench and some of the custom work they do will be a pain in the ass to repair/replace when it comes time.

They push out some real nice builds but I just went through the mess of replacing customized headers.

If the car wasn't junk before it will be now, I wouldn't let those guys build me a ham sandwitch.

Chris

i pretty much stopped watching fast n' loud a while ago.

i didn't care for the work they did and how they flipped cars.

the show does expose the fact that there is no money in cars unless it is something very rare and you got it very cheap.

basically you would have to find a 99% rust free car to have any hope of making money so its lipstick on a pig and send it out.

look at the 72 vert they got, it doesn't have A/C and its a 302 car. something like that in good shape you could find for 10K or less. i've seen a restored one for sale for 17K

figure he got it for 3500-5000$ that is about the going rate for something that isn't a parts car.

not much wiggle room in there.

you can bet he will strip all the rocker trim and patch what they can get to. i'll bet he tosses on a mach 1 grill maybe mach 1 graphics and a new paint job over the yellow.

dash pad, then have that Sue lady throw some coverup in the interior. figure at that point hes 5-6K into it, bring it to 10-11K for him and he wants 18K for and somebody talks him down to 13-15k which i wouldn't pay. so there would be no room for a coyote motor in the budget they would dress up the 302 with some ford racing chrome BS and call it a day, and install electronic ignition.

at that point they would maybe go 4 barrel on it. i'm sure its a 2 barrel vert now.

no idea what rust the frame is hiding. as far as rarest my H code is one of 400 so whoopy doo

and the wing is on backwards hee hee. They will use a Dash Cap instead of a new pad as well to save money.

i pretty much stopped watching fast n' loud a while ago.

i didn't care for the work they did and how they flipped cars.

the show does expose the fact that there is no money in cars unless it is something very rare and you got it very cheap.

basically you would have to find a 99% rust free car to have any hope of making money so its lipstick on a pig and send it out.

look at the 72 vert they got, it doesn't have A/C and its a 302 car. something like that in good shape you could find for 10K or less. i've seen a restored one for sale for 17K

figure he got it for 3500-5000$ that is about the going rate for something that isn't a parts car.

not much wiggle room in there.

you can bet he will strip all the rocker trim and patch what they can get to. i'll bet he tosses on a mach 1 grill maybe mach 1 graphics and a new paint job over the yellow.

dash pad, then have that Sue lady throw some coverup in the interior. figure at that point hes 5-6K into it, bring it to 10-11K for him and he wants 18K for and somebody talks him down to 13-15k which i wouldn't pay. so there would be no room for a coyote motor in the budget they would dress up the 302 with some ford racing chrome BS and call it a day, and install electronic ignition.

at that point they would maybe go 4 barrel on it. i'm sure its a 2 barrel vert now.

no idea what rust the frame is hiding. as far as rarest my H code is one of 400 so whoopy doo

and the wing is on backwards hee hee. They will use a Dash Cap instead of a new pad as well to save money.
+1 they do not restore cars. all they do is dress and flip

I watch them most of the time, not much on Monday night. Just as most said, they never do the whole car. Motor, brakes,paint{maybe}, and then some tires and wheels. I enjoy Wheeler Dealers from England more.

The problem I have with shows like fastn'loud is the perception of the customer buying one of the cars that the car is in great shape on top of the work they did.

A sticking point is the philosophy of all engines just want to run.

So they take something that sat for 40 years, change the fluids and fire it up and go look how we saved 3000$ dollars because it runs. Any body that works on cars knows this is insane you have no idea how worn out the block was before it was parked. So some kid comes along buys a fast n loud car and the thing grenades on the highway at 55mph. Yeah I bought a running 1972 Mach 1 then I got to rebuild the entire engine less then 2 years later with less then 500 miles on it. Comments from the engine builder looked like the engine sat for a long time with water in the cylinders. Course you would never know something like that unless you busted the engine down. But oh look it ran, and the con man i bought the car from tipold me the engine was in great shape. That's the deal with flippers, slap junk together present it as a good solid car and then screw the customer over. If it kills you on the way home from buying it, it's not their problem you bought it as is.

This is why I can't stomaic these shows anymore I know how much effort it takes to fix something and check something and how all these shows gloss over things.

I have more respect for shows that just show flipping cars that start in good shape and need very little work to get going and the art is basically in the deal.

When you have a garage like gas monkey pushing an unrealistic dead line and flipping cars fast that have custom work done to them and the goal seems to be rat rods which cover up all the problems in a layer of rust because that's the rat rod look then yes as much as I can't stand Jesse James either he is right when he says I wouldn't get anywhere near gas monkeys stuff.

I saw the show with the Aussies where they bought a car for them to drive cross country, and they flush the coolant and it was pure sludge that kept coming out.

They call it flushed and toss it back together and made them pay like 20+k for the car. I just gasped and turned off the tv.

I thought "Fast 'n' Loud" was the term used to describe the guys themselves. rofl

Like the others, I don't watch the show because of the 'strip & flip' nature of their work. I'm also not a fan of 'slammed, dubs, hacked, and gaudy paint,' as I feel it's disrespectful to the car itself when not done right. Kinda one reason I don't watch any of those "Overhaulin'-type" shows, really.

Right now, I think Counting Cars is about the only show like of the type that I care to watch.

I DVR all of the car shows, from Velocity, Discovery, Spike, and Speed channels, then I pick and choose what I want to watch, most of them I watch for the entertainment part, and others I watch to learn something.

I watch Fast and loud for its entertainment part (when there is nothing else to watch)

Latest posts

Back