• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Right hand 9 inch axle shaft needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spechti

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 (under restoration), 1973 Lincoln Mark IV (show boat)
Hi,

after disassembling the rearend of my 71 Mach 1, I found a nick on the sealing surface of the passenger side axle shaft. It is the longer one. It seems someone damaged it when trying to remove the bearing.:mad:

My axle is a stock original 9 inch, 28 spline, non-locking.

If someone has a nice used shaft free of damage on the shelf, please offer.

Michael

Measurements pass axle shaft.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be disassembling my stock 9 inch, 28 spline in a few months. It was running in just upgrading for my restoration. If you can't find one by then I should be able to fill the bill. If you need it ASAP and no one else can help you PM me and I may just disassemble it early.

Hi,

after disassembling the rearend of my 71 Mach 1, I found a nick on the sealing surface of the passenger side axle shaft. It is the longer one. It seems someone damaged it when trying to remove the bearing.:mad:

My axle is a stock original 9 inch, 28 spline, non-locking.

If someone has a nice used shaft free of damage on the shelf, please offer.

Michael
Michael, I have several

PM sent

Don

Thanks to Don. He has one for me.

Thanks to everybody else for the friendly offers!

Michael

Back