air cleaner part

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leomust68

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1 in the process of restoring
I have a 1973 mach1 q code trying to figure out if I have the correct air cleaner supposedly it is .

Here's a pic of the part number

IMAG0077.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D10F

D= 197x

1= 1

Air cleaner is circa 1971. A little early for a 73, but probably not unheard of. Was your 1973 built early in production year, say 1972?

Hello,

Not sure if this helps but my 73 Q code has a D3 air cleaner part number. Here is a pic of what the air cleaner looks like. I am not home to take pic of the whole part number but specifically remember it started with D3.

Jeff

IMG_0069.JPG

I woud agree with the other comments that you currently have (or had) a 71 air cleaner part number. Here is a picture of a 73 air cleaner from a May 73 production date 180 mile original convertable. I am confident this is the correct part number for the 351 2V with AC.

090212 297.JPG

Jeff, It looks like from your picture the part number is still visible on the air snorkel bout 1/2 way down. I know you will save that.

+1 on both comments. You have 71. The 73 models will have a groove for the end flex hose that is stapled on. 71 had the end flared out which made it impossible to mount an end hose. The 73 flex hose turns down to the cold air intake duct that extends under the battery. The duct is made up of two plastic sections. Basically one is vertical and one horizontal.

Back