New guy from Bothell, WA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DragonKnight

Hi everyone,

What started out as a search for a 1965/66 Mustang for my girlfriend ended up being a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 restomod project. I actually bought her initially as a side project but now my gf wants me to use our funds for this car since it's:

1) An automatic.

2) Makes a lot of horsepower and has a rebuilt engine and transmission.

3) We plan on repainting it either black or the darkest midnight blue we can find. She likes intimidating dark cars.

Also, after we restore this Mach 1, we'll resume our search for her own 65/66. I plan on eventually adding some suspension mods and taking her to an occasional open track events (I'm a former autocrosser and open track guy).

I'll post more details in a bit. Nice to meet everyone!

Rich

IMAG0089_sm.jpg

Hi everyone,

What started out as a search for a 1965/66 Mustang for my girlfriend ended up being a 1971 Mustang Mach 1 restomod project. I actually bought her initially as a side project but now my gf wants me to use our funds for this car since it's:

1) An automatic.

2) Makes a lot of horsepower and has a rebuilt engine and transmission.

3) We plan on repainting it either black or the darkest midnight blue we can find. She likes intimidating dark cars.

Also, after we restore this Mach 1, we'll resume our search for her own 65/66. I plan on eventually adding some suspension mods and taking her to an occasional open track events (I'm a former autocrosser and open track guy).

I'll post more details in a bit. Nice to meet everyone!

Rich
Welcome to the site Rich...In the middle of a restomod/restoration myself going the same route with the susp mods etc. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

Scott

Welcome to the forums! You've come to the right place! Plenty of info and lots of great folks to help you along the way!

::welcome::

Welcome to the club, Rich! Great project you've got there.

Glad to have you here - I lived across Puget Sound in Bremerton and taught at South Kitsap High School a few years ago.

Doc

WELCOME aboard, Rich!

Sounds like you got both a GREAT car and a GREAT girlfriend. When you get a chance, you might want to start your "Garage" so that we can track your progress with your Mach 1.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums!

BT

Hey Rich, nice to see another 71-73 around Seattle. My car lives down in Maple Valley, and should hopefully be driving around again this summer.

::welcome:: glad to see another red mach 1! how about some details.

nice informative pics you have there!...It looks like a solid car, isn´t it? Besides, seeing the hole car it looks like it is unmolested and that´s a good thing too... What are you up to by this days? any more work to tell[??

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately it seems that my home IP got 'banned' by accident. I already sent a PM regarding that issue. I'm currently posting from work, but can't do that too much (even though I'm the Sysadmin here, lol).

So far my gf and I was able to strip out most of the interior. I was able to pull the dash out. There's rust on it so going to have my gf clean it up and hit it with some Zero-Rust.

Also, trying to swap in a new gas tank but CJPonyParts accidentally shipped my parts to someone down in California (apparently he got my parts and I got his). Trying to get that cleared up. Until then, no gas tank swap and I'm trying to avoid using the old rusty one for now.

Lessee, I'm also getting a new choke thermostat shipped in. Replacing the radiator hoses, vacuum regulator, and when the rest of my gas tank parts ship in, the fuel filter as well.

We also got a MIG welder from Eastwood and once we pull the windshield out, we'll start looking at getting the cowl patched up.

I'll post up pics once I can access the forums from home again (and my kid stops bugging me to stream Caillou on TV, lol). :)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back