Side scoops?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of a shark in a scifi movie I recently watched. It's apparent someone put a lot of time and money into it, not bashing the car but a little over modified body work for my taste.

Thank you.

I don't like the hood but I think the rest of it works and would have to be seen in person to appreciate.

I want to follow the crease along the side and end at a 69 Shelby convertible scoop. Which looks like what is used here. I'd like to find a side view.

They are rather cost prohibitive though.

I want to keep the roof line the way it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to do the side scoops on my vert when it was being restored but I never dared because of the usual problem: Europe, shipping costs, import taxes and then they won't fit. Was too much of a risk at the time.

I'd like to see someone pull it off though.

I believe the guys responsible for the Pegasus show car had a really nice solution of integrating side scoops - it's actually quite subtle and fits will with the NASA hood scoops.

side-vent-4.jpg

Here's the rest of the article: http://www.goolsbycustoms.com/projects/project-pegasus-1971-ford-mustang/

I'm not a huge fan of some of the other things they did, but it's top-notch work and the side scoops really work for me.

I have a pair of new fiberglass repro scoops, think they're '69-70 coupe versions?

I have pics.

PM if interested.

Back