What is your single favorite specific "feature" on your Mustang?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

This is a different kind of question: What is the one, single festure you like best about your Mustang over all the other cool things about it. Might be tough to decide over all the cool things about our cars.

Mine?: I really like that the high-beam indicator is a Mustang horse emblem instead of just a stupid typical emblem. Adds a little personality, I think.

I'm a really big fan of my name in the title! Okay maybe that's not what you're going for here. But I really like the ram air option. Ford didn't need to do it but they did, and I love the vacuum actuators

The concave shape of the dash board sloping down and away from the driver - this will be the first car I've ever owned that the dash board didn't slope down and out toward the driver. Most newer cars suck for that very reason.

My '97 Ram is similar in that it's the first truck I've ever had that my knees didn't even come close to the dash board.

The concave shape of the dash board sloping down and away from the driver - this will be the first car I've ever owned that the dash board didn't slope down and out toward the driver. Most newer cars suck for that very reason.

My '97 Ram is similar in that it's the first truck I've ever had that my knees didn't even come close to the dash board.
One reason i liked the 70's ford trucks over chevy and dodge at the time...The 70 ford trucks had kick arse leg and knee room and slopping dash alot like our stangs in a way..lol...My 79 chevy had horrible cab space:(

Thats a tuff one..I dont think i got one fav over all...I think the fold down back seats are quite clever for the time thou.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite feature on my Mustang is that's it a Convertible, but not just any convertible but a Classic Mustang Convertible :D

BTW they day I found out about the High beam indicator being the Red Horse, it was the highlight of the day to show off to anyone who stop and look!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the high beam indicator is a big one.

The cool (and often immitated) hood is another.

My mustang has a tri-power. It's not factory but it is one of my favorite things.

Oh, the tail lights.. I like to show other drivers my tail lights.

my favorite things about my car is the 5.0 EFI and 5 speed. I think that alone made the car so awesome to cruise everyday and I love driving it that much more. I also like the H4 conversion headlights at night and the menacing look P71 crown vic wheels give off

very easy for me....it's the color of my car!

You don't see too many gold cars as it is....and even fewer that actually look good in that color,lol

And I'll admit I wasn't a huge fan of it when we first got it back from the paintshop, but now I can't imagine having it as any other color. And while I know there are others out there (even a few on this site) I've never seen another one in person, and I've been to a ton of shows and couple of very big ones (like fab fords in LA).

But either way I love it on my car, and it's also pretty cool that it's also the ORIGINAL COLOR on my car to boot.

I'd have to say the body lines in general. Specifically the way it looks when you stand back from the side and hunch down a bit. It has that sexy body line that runs from the top of the front fender, curves up a bit mid fender then down again. Runs at a slightly downward slope to the back of the door then cuts up behind the rear side window. Then the roof line. The slope of the roof and how its just flows into the trunk without a break. Also the way the back of the quarters cut up where the roof and quarters meet. I've spent a lot of time looking at my car!!

That it is a very sexy looking beast of a car that is the same age as me.

The M code 351C 4V, top loader 4 speed, high beam indicator and ram air hood are also way cool features.

That sexy, swoopy fenderline you described is referred to as the "coke bottle look", and was a staple of GM design-studio techniques throughout the 60s and 70s.

It is only one of a handfull of GM-inspired design elements incorporated into the 71 Mustangs by Gale Halderman at the behest of Bunkie Knudsen.

These are the features that the old timers at Ford resented so much.

The 71 Thunderbird was so influenced by this design language that it may as well have been called "Grand Prix".

But....who cares? I absolutely love the look of this car from every angle. It is the only car I have ever owned that I haven't eventually grown tired and bored looking at it.

Back