Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mustangbob

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang "Q" Code Convertible
1968 Pontiac GTO
I just wanted to say hello! I've just purchased a 73 Q Code Mustang Convertible that is in pretty good shape, but needs some TLC for a restoration.

I've always loved the 71-73 Mustang Convertibles. They look great and are just plain fun to drive. I'm very happy to be joining everyone and look forward to the support, guidance and referral for resources. I also look forward to sharing what I learn with others.

Bob

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! You will find lots of info and friendly folks here! You came to the right place!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard, Bob!

When you get the time,you might want to start your "Garage" so that everyone can track your journey.

It is GREAT to see that we are getting a number of West Coast members and I believe you will enjoy your stay here.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

BT

I just wanted to say hello! I've just purchased a 73 Q Code Mustang Convertible that is in pretty good shape, but needs some TLC for a restoration.

I've always loved the 71-73 Mustang Convertibles. They look great and are just plain fun to drive. I'm very happy to be joining everyone and look forward to the support, guidance and referral for resources. I also look forward to sharing what I learn with others.

Bob

[/quote

Welcome to the site !!

Welcome to the site glad to have you join in the fun

By the way all new members have to buy a round of beer. :angel::whistling:::shrug::dancebanana

I will put something in my "garage" shortly. I just got the Marti report and it confirmed this is almost all original except for the paint. It was born white and was repainted red but that paint job has a number of flaws. I am starting to restore the interior and then see where I go from there. Ultimately I need to decide stock vs. Mach 1 style for the exterior. It didn't come with stripes or ram air hood, but the ram air hood was put on after the fact. I still have the stock hood as well.

I know they didn't make Mach 1 convertibles, but I just love the striping of the 71-72 Machs. I don't know how I feel about the 73 striping. It's not bad, just different. Choices, choices. I do think I'll keep it red though.

Thanks for the welcome. Lots of work to do and I know I'll be asking questions soon!!

Welcome from another convertible owner Bob. Noticed your post about the stripes and l've been wondering about stripes for my car as well. I think I'll post a question about stripe styles for 73 cars that aren't Mach 1 fastbacks in the convertible forum.

73 MUSTANG convertible thb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back