New seat belts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMS

Vendors
Reaction score
My Car
xxx
I now have in stock black star-burst push button release seat belts.

3 point kits for

Coupe and fastbacks - darn near direct bolt in

Kit for both front seats 200.00 shipped

3 point kit for convertibles - need to drill one mounting point

Kit for both front seats 200.00 shipped

Also have non retractable lap belts can be used in the front or rear

36.95 pair + shipping

Can order in other colors or with a chrome lift latch system

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

wow that is really cool don. i have to think about it.

wow that is really cool don. i have to think about it.
Dan I took the original belts out and put those in for the pictures

With the original hardware in 10 minutes

Kit does come with a BUNCH of hardware - bolts, nuts, large support washers plastic spacers and instuction sheets

Meets SAE specs too.

+ 1 for verts, also will these tie into stock seat belt buzzer circuit?

Marty

I would want to see how the vert install is designed because we know the seats dont hold up the shoulder. Never been easy for sure. But that sleeve is really interesting! My oem's have a good amount of track grease on them. Always impresses the female passengers when the get some on their clothes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to install a set of those on my 71 but it didn't come with the 3 point system and it's not clear to me how to attach the 3rd point on the roof, does a hole need to be drilled or is there a attachment point already under the headliner?

The PO of my car has attached 3-point belts on the side, just behind the door. If I'm not careful, they get into the way when closing the door.

Hey Don,

I'd love to have 3 point belts, but I have the same questions. Exactly how did you attach the third point? Do you have to remove any of the headliner? Is there already an attaching point in the roof? I have a 73 grande coupe. Thanks.

Hey Don,

I'd love to have 3 point belts, but I have the same questions. Exactly how did you attach the third point? Do you have to remove any of the headliner? Is there already an attaching point in the roof? I have a 73 grande coupe. Thanks.
It uses the original shoulder belt roof mounting point

Hey Don,

Can you show or describe where/how the hole is drilled for verts?
Have not mocked them up in a vert yet

Looks like a stud and plate will be drilled into the body by 1/4 window / behind the front seat

+ 1 for verts, also will these tie into stock seat belt buzzer circuit?

Marty
No electronic for buzzer

I'd like to install a set of those on my 71 but it didn't come with the 3 point system and it's not clear to me how to attach the 3rd point on the roof, does a hole need to be drilled or is there a attachment point already under the headliner?
Jim it uses the original shoulder belt mounting point on the roof

Have not mocked them up in a vert yet

Looks like a stud and plate will be drilled into the body by 1/4 window / behind the front seat
Sounds like they way my PO mounted them in mine. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Hey Don,

OK, I removed the trim and pulled back the headliner and there it was, a reinforced threaded mount for the 3rd point. Ordering me a set a set from Don. Knowing exactly where it is I'll just push through the headliner instead of pealing it back on the other side. My fear was pushing through and it wasn't threaded or was something else.

Jim

Location2.jpglocation.jpg

Hey Don,

OK, I removed the trim and pulled back the headliner and there it was, a reinforced threaded mount for the 3rd point. Ordering me a set a set from Don. Knowing exactly where it is I'll just push through the headliner instead of pealing it back on the other side. My fear was pushing through and it wasn't threaded or was something else.

Jim
Screw a bolt all the way into the hole and then put your hedliner back in place. This way you can feel the bolt head and make your cut in the exact location needed keeping everything nice and smooth.

Paul

Screw a bolt all the way into the hole and then put your hedliner back in place. This way you can feel the bolt head and make your cut in the exact location needed keeping everything nice and smooth.

Paul

Thanks Paul, great advice.

Just ordered a set from Don. I've never felt comfortable with just the lap belt, my face is FAR too pretty to be messed hitting the steering wheel or dash during an impact.

Jim

Paul

Just ordered a set from Don. I've never felt comfortable with just the lap belt, my face is FAR too pretty to be messed hitting the steering wheel or dash during an impact.

Jim

Jim, the put the screw into the hole first method works great with screws, for visors, dome lights and trim screws.

I would not do that with the large head shoulder belt bolt.

Make a small X cut at the hole while you have it open

Or take some measurements -It should be fairly easy to find as it is a bolt hole VS a small screw hole

Hook me up Don.

mike
Mike, I can get blue ones made - same price

I'll send a paypal invoice to you.

Don

Paul

Jim
Jim, the put the screw into the hole first method works great with screws, for visors, dome lights and trim screws.

I would not do that with the large head shoulder belt bolt.

Make a small X cut at the hole while you have it open

Or take some measurements -It should be fairly easy to find as it is a bolt hole VS a small screw hole

Hook me up Don.

mike
Mike, I can get blue ones made - same price

I'll send a paypal invoice to you.

Don

Got the invoice and pony'd up.

That's the way to do business.

mike

Back