New seat belts

OMS

I now have in stock black star-burst push button release seat belts.

3 point kits for

Coupe and fastbacks - darn near direct bolt in

Kit for both front seats 200.00 shipped

3 point kit for convertibles - need to drill one mounting point

Kit for both front seats 200.00 shipped

Also have non retractable lap belts can be used in the front or rear

36.95 pair + shipping

Can order in other colors or with a chrome lift latch system

001.JPG.acc4c11bc1eb601d2cab9531f628dc7f.JPG

002.JPG.377f20a64fb0c48d421ea5862b6ed63d.JPG

003.JPG.33d91921a72a5d75133b7121a3bf44c1.JPG

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that is really cool don. i have to think about it.

Dan I took the original belts out and put those in for the pictures

With the original hardware in 10 minutes

Kit does come with a BUNCH of hardware - bolts, nuts, large support washers plastic spacers and instuction sheets

Meets SAE specs too.

I would want to see how the vert install is designed because we know the seats dont hold up the shoulder. Never been easy for sure. But that sleeve is really interesting! My oem's have a good amount of track grease on them. Always impresses the female passengers when the get some on their clothes.

I'd like to install a set of those on my 71 but it didn't come with the 3 point system and it's not clear to me how to attach the 3rd point on the roof, does a hole need to be drilled or is there a attachment point already under the headliner?

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Hey Don,

I'd love to have 3 point belts, but I have the same questions. Exactly how did you attach the third point? Do you have to remove any of the headliner? Is there already an attaching point in the roof? I have a 73 grande coupe. Thanks.

1_24_09_13_4_29_06.png

Hey Don,

I'd love to have 3 point belts, but I have the same questions. Exactly how did you attach the third point? Do you have to remove any of the headliner? Is there already an attaching point in the roof? I have a 73 grande coupe. Thanks.

It uses the original shoulder belt roof mounting point

Hey Don,

Can you show or describe where/how the hole is drilled for verts?

Have not mocked them up in a vert yet

Looks like a stud and plate will be drilled into the body by 1/4 window / behind the front seat

+ 1 for verts, also will these tie into stock seat belt buzzer circuit?

Marty

No electronic for buzzer

I'd like to install a set of those on my 71 but it didn't come with the 3 point system and it's not clear to me how to attach the 3rd point on the roof, does a hole need to be drilled or is there a attachment point already under the headliner?

Jim it uses the original shoulder belt mounting point on the roof

Have not mocked them up in a vert yet

Looks like a stud and plate will be drilled into the body by 1/4 window / behind the front seat

Sounds like they way my PO mounted them in mine. I'll see if I can get some pics.

Hey Don,

OK, I removed the trim and pulled back the headliner and there it was, a reinforced threaded mount for the 3rd point. Ordering me a set a set from Don. Knowing exactly where it is I'll just push through the headliner instead of pealing it back on the other side. My fear was pushing through and it wasn't threaded or was something else.

Jim

Location2.jpg.22d0e5098445d18773decddc0950acb7.jpglocation.thumb.jpg.6772dc36b016a055522736357e399e40.jpg

Jim

Hey Don,

OK, I removed the trim and pulled back the headliner and there it was, a reinforced threaded mount for the 3rd point. Ordering me a set a set from Don. Knowing exactly where it is I'll just push through the headliner instead of pealing it back on the other side. My fear was pushing through and it wasn't threaded or was something else.

Jim

Screw a bolt all the way into the hole and then put your hedliner back in place. This way you can feel the bolt head and make your cut in the exact location needed keeping everything nice and smooth.

Paul

E-mail says mine will be here tomorrow! Thanks Don! :)

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Screw a bolt all the way into the hole and then put your hedliner back in place. This way you can feel the bolt head and make your cut in the exact location needed keeping everything nice and smooth.

Paul

Thanks Paul, great advice.

Just ordered a set from Don. I've never felt comfortable with just the lap belt, my face is FAR too pretty to be messed hitting the steering wheel or dash during an impact.

Jim

Jim

Paul

Just ordered a set from Don. I've never felt comfortable with just the lap belt, my face is FAR too pretty to be messed hitting the steering wheel or dash during an impact.

Jim

Jim, the put the screw into the hole first method works great with screws, for visors, dome lights and trim screws.

I would not do that with the large head shoulder belt bolt.

Make a small X cut at the hole while you have it open

Or take some measurements -It should be fairly easy to find as it is a bolt hole VS a small screw hole

Hook me up Don.

mike

Mike, I can get blue ones made - same price

I'll send a paypal invoice to you.

Don

Paul

Jim

Jim, the put the screw into the hole first method works great with screws, for visors, dome lights and trim screws.

Or take some measurements -It should be fairly easy to find as it is a bolt hole VS a small screw hole

Hook me up Don.

mike

Don

Got the invoice and pony'd up.

That's the way to do business.

mike

spacer.png

Paul

Jim

Hook me up Don.

mike

Don

Got the invoice and pony'd up.

That's the way to do business.

mike

Mike your blue belts are being made - actually being made here in the USA

does anyone have picturs of a 3 point belts in the vert?

Iyman

1972 Mustang Convertable :run_horse:  [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=1507]Visit My Garage[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Facebook Page [button=https://www.facebook.com/MUSTANGCCNE]MCCNE FB Page[/button]

Visit the Mustang Car Club of New England Web Page [button=http://www.mccne.com/]MCCNE Web Page[/button]

Guys these things are nice, just installed mine (took me a little longer than the 10 minutes it took Don). Now my pretty face will be protected in accidents with the shoulder belt. They operate just as smooth as the seat belts in my new truck, no drilling or modifications needed, I wasn't even aware there were mounting points on the celing for shoulder belts.

There was only one challenge, the kit only came with 7/16 -20 bolts and the mounting points on the ceiling of my car was threaded for 3/8-16 bolts. A quick trip to ACE hardware and a dollar later and I had the two bolts I needed. The kit came with SAE Class 5 bolts, since the bolts I needed are smaller in diameter I stepped it up to Class 8 bolts to make up for the difference (?), paid the whole 30 cents extra to be safe. I think the $200.00 for the belts was a great investment in safety (at least in peace of mind), plus they look great.

Jim

IMG_3377.JPG.9225507abc9dc34b2c313b86a35df0da.JPG

Jim

Hey! You should know by now.

:worthlesswithoutpics:

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

I was kidding about having a pretty face.;)

To save time to find the shoulder belt mounting point without removing the headliner, it's 4" "directly" forward of the "clothes hanger". You can easily feel the hole through the headliner, I used a razor to cut an X at that point. I'll post of some pics of the finished product after I get a chance to take them. I don't know about the rest of you but little first hand experiences of actually doing it, help me more than the instructions that comes with this stuff.

Also I measured the max length the bolt can be before it hits the underside of the roof, it's 1.6" on my car, I used 1.25" bolts to play it safe. Using bolts that are to long will probably put a bump in your roof as you tighten it down.

Jim

Measure.jpg.0b3c74a07b5291e8f9a5df1b5bbeb73c.jpg

Jim

Ok got around to taking some. Although the mounting points on the top and bottom were meant to be straight up and down I angled them for least resistance and smoother operation. These are nice belts and now my pretty face is better protected.

!1.jpg.76aa3b473d44aba187675421beda162c.jpg!2.jpg.dfe26914db09d22f20cd5f5e1dbdc63e.jpg!3.jpg.5df47a5718cf3c3c0dc11c576a0a1f96.jpg!4.thumb.jpg.4d5c4871b90359ba5bf8321ecc2fe79f.jpg!5.jpg.d319a6dee83247d34a128092e97f54e4.jpg

618550550_!4(2).jpg.bf9452b8785e4f3e474b5173779f257d.jpg

Jim