New from Seattle

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSnickers

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach1
2013 Mustang GT Premium
2013 Mustang V6 Convertible
Hello everyone,

New to the forums long time Mustang enthusiast. Would like to introduce everyone to my 1972 Mustang Mach1 in medium bright yellow and some other colors.... Anywise this was my first car got it when I was 16. I drove the car from late 2001 till October of 2005. When the electrical gremlins got to be to much to handle.

I bought it from the second owner he had it garaged at his parents house for 11 years prior to bringing it back to his house. It sat there for a few months before his wife told him to get that eye sore out of her drive way. Obviously she had no idea what this car was and could not see past the years of neglect. If it was me I would of left the wife and found a new one that knows the importance of a good Mustang. So I bought the car from him he said it ran great but had only drove a few times a month and it had only been out of a garage for about 3 months.

When I got it master cylinder was out, carburetor and fuel pump leaked like crazy. Amazing the damn thing did not bust into flames. But she held in there and before to long was running in tip top shape again. At least for about 4 years never once left me stranded.

It is an original Seattle car all district numbers match it to this location. It was bought here in Seattle and has never gone further than Oregon. Which is where I had it garage before buy a house last year. Now it's a garage queen and slowly being restored. I am hoping to have her restored and back in use as show car in 5 years hopefully less.

I have almost all the original parts that came with the car. The engine block, intake and carb all match and one of the heads match. One of them had been replaced when the second owner had the engine rebuilt. Transmission is the original and numbers match it to the car. All of it's interior is original, all in all most of the car is all number matching. The one thing that is not is the driver side door and front fenders. However I do have the two original two front fenders however the car was wrecked so they might not be salvageable. As for the original door no idea what happened to it. I am just thankful the dash is the original and the vin matches the rest of the car.

Plan for the car is to restore it as close as possible to original factory specs. Only upgrades that will be done will be options that would of been available on a 72 mach 1. For example it's a 351c 2v with no ram air I am going to add ram air to the car, along with hood locks. Some other upgrades too but nothing extreme or modern aftermarket parts.

2012-04-15153324-1.jpg

2012-06-18182917.jpg

2012-06-18182453.jpg

2012-06-18182910.jpg

IMG_4105_zps1fba05cf.jpg

IMG_4104_zps4a4b6dd8.jpg

IMG_4102_zpsafdad97c.jpg

IMG_4100_zpsb0de5997.jpg

IMG_4099_zps6fef1f8c.jpg

IMG_4098_zps644476ce.jpg

IMG_4097_zps24e17986.jpg

IMG_4096_zpsb9b5ce6d.jpg

IMG_4095_zpsf1140c9d.jpg

IMG_4092_zps4dd6acd1.jpg

Welcome from Las Vegas! Great story! Looks like you'll have your hands full for awhile, but the end result will be worth it!

Welcome from Virginia! Great introduction. Did you find any remnants of the Build Sheets under the seats or carpets?

G'Day and ::welcome:: from Australia, good to have you on board, Any Questions you have as you go along ask away no matter how big or small..

Welcome from Virginia! Great introduction. Did you find any remnants of the Build Sheets under the seats or carpets?
Sadly they were not there, the original owner had this bright idea of repainting the green interior to black. Took out the carpet put black carpet in. I am guessing the original build sheet went to the trash with that carpet. Going to have to order copies of all my build sheets.

Welcome from Everett, WA.

Just a reminder about the Mustang car show next weekend up at the Skagit Airport. There is a drive on Friday starting at the Mukilteo Ferry dock going to Bellingham via the Whidbey Island coastline and Chucanut drive. Should be a good time if the weather holds out!

Sadly they were not there, the original owner had this bright idea of repainting the green interior to black. Took out the carpet put black carpet in. I am guessing the original build sheet went to the trash with that carpet. Going to have to order copies of all my build sheets.
Welcome from the dry side of Wa state...Ya i think that happend to mine too:( Someone redone the interior on mine and im pretty sure found it and kept it or lost it or trashed it..lol

Wish I could do that drive next week, however I have a wedding to go to. Was already committed to going to the Pacific Cascade show at Bowen Scarf Ford. Going to be interesting doing a show and making it in time for a wedding in downtown Seattle haha. But can't miss my cousins wedding so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back