B-Pillar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Convertible
Ok guys, I am trying to formulate a plan on repairing my driver side b-pillar. Since you can buy replacements my guess is to find one that can be cut out of a donor car. Are there other ideas or suggestions?

Also do anyone have pics of the process you went through on replacing yours.

Thanks,

2432_10_08_13_10_23_32.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys, I am trying to formulate a plan on repairing my driver side b-pillar. Since you can buy replacements my guess is to find one that can be cut out of a donor car. Are there other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

2432_10_08_13_10_23_32.jpeg
I have a couple of parts car with good ones I will be cutting out

You need to drill out the spotwelds to remove / replace it

Don

Thanks,
I have a couple of parts car with good ones I will be cutting out

You need to drill out the spotwelds to remove / replace it

Don

Don, PM sent

Honestly it doesn't look too bad, you will know more if you take a flap disk or a surface prep disk and remove the paint and any other filler that may be in that area. If its not any worse then it looks in the pictures a lower quarter panel patch panel and get some 18 gauge sheet metal and with some minor fabrication skills you can just patch it up. I just did that same area on the 72 mustang i am working on now.

Honestly it doesn't look too bad, you will know more if you take a flap disk or a surface prep disk and remove the paint and any other filler that may be in that area. If its not any worse then it looks in the pictures a lower quarter panel patch panel and get some 18 gauge sheet metal and with some minor fabrication skills you can just patch it up. I just did that same area on the 72 mustang i am working on now.
Wow, took a look at you pics. I will give it a shot.

Thanks

If you take out the sections with rust in small seperate pieces and one area at a time you can mimic the factory bends and seams a little better. Don't go and cut everything out at once, as it will be harder to get it to look origional. Use the pieces you cut out as templates to get your new patches closer. You can see in the area's where i welded instead of bending hard angles, t will be a little more welding but once its cleaned up you wont be able to tell. I will post the rest of the pictures this afternoon on a couple other patches i did around that area and it all finished up maybe to give you some more ideas. Acutally thats a great area to work on because its a bit less forgiving since its behind the door and its pretty solid with all the factory bends and easier to work with the metal there.

Back