Headers to upgrade 73-302 with T5

Hi

I am waiting to install new Performer RPM heads, with top end pack from Edl.

Anybody there can recommend modern headers that can fit a stock coupe having big T5 bell (converted from AT).

If no recommendatios, and as today has a combination of D3DE-9430-BC type at passenger side (horizontal short discharge) and a D3OE-9431-EA type at driver side (kind of 45º short discharge), going one by the top and the other by bottom on 2.5" pipes to X connection, would be a good idea to start with shorty headers and then reconnect in a balanced manner to X?

Thanks

Maybe shorty headers from a Fox chassis Mustang would work?

I am not sure on the shock tower clearance though. Unequal length may be the best bet. The equal length tubes get kind of busy...

Pete - MotoArts Decals and Signs

'71 Sportsroof 351C-4V/4-speed - FINALLY under construction - no, wait, on hold again...

'90 Mustang 7-Up 5.0 ragtop, rolling beater - SOLD

'66 Sunbeam Tiger Mk.IA, survivor

shorty headers from a fox mustang will not work believe me I tried it when I tried to get latemodel GT40P heads to work in my car with a 5.0 and t-5. the shortys have bad interference with the steering box.

Powered by Determination, Fueled by Ambition

uhg, i stil have the Z-bar to worry about with headers. I'm thinking of just picking up a factory 5.0 headers from a fox body to at least replace the even more restrictive manifolds. for $25 a set i can't get but so mad if they wont work.

I just put Tri-Y's on my 302 and I had no issues clearing the Z Bar or the Power Steering. Very tight to the bellhousing though and I had to clearance the Bellhousing some on both sides. But I also have a 4-Speed, not sure how it might work though on the Bellhousing for a T5.

I posted pics in my header thread.

I just put Tri-Y's on my 302 and I had no issues clearing the Z Bar or the Power Steering. Very tight to the bellhousing though and I had to clearance the Bellhousing some on both sides. But I also have a 4-Speed, not sure how it might work though on the Bellhousing for a T5.

I posted pics in my header thread.

yes please do! I have a 3spd though so it may be smaller still. what tri-Y's do you have there are plenty variants out there.

i also have tri-y headers on my car and i think scott drake sell them and they fit good

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT*****KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL

Ron

1972 mustang convertible

2005 mustang convertible

1999 mustang convertible white (sold)

1994 mustang convertible white (sold)

2008 ford edge copper

2006 cadillac cts radaint bronze

Guest BigPinoyHunk

T5 huh? are you running OEM z-bar stuff or a aftermarket cable?

i run the aftermarket cable stuff and there is nothing in the way anywhere that will interfere with headers. i am running a 521 with a tko600 trans and long tube 2 inch headers and have absolutely no problem.

if you run www.moderndriveline.com cable, then PM me cuz i've gone thru ALOT with them and 3 clutches to get it perfectly right.

Z bar.

Now need to know if T5 big bellhousing is bigger and how much compared to a 4-speed. Any how seems I will try tri-y, thanks folks!!

If we do not try we have no chances to learn.

Z bar.

Now need to know if T5 big bellhousing is bigger and how much compared to a 4-speed. Any how seems I will try tri-y, thanks folks!!

Why the T-5 Bell.....the T-5 will bolt up to the old manual bell with the adapter.

Or so I'm told!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Z bar.

Why the T-5 Bell.....the T-5 will bolt up to the old manual bell with the adapter.

Or so I'm told!

You were told right!, but this car came to me with a new T5 bellhousing, and a T5 Borg Warner world class gearbox

which I hope will resist the new torque of my Project, around 330 fp.