Went to HOT August Nites In Reno

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing how u never see them on the street or at shows . I've only seen one this year and that's every time I walk in to my garage

you guys are right, I go to many shows in the Rhode Island and Sothern Massachusetts area, and I seem to be the only 71-73 there.

Mine does get a lot off attention at the shows (many, many Best of show trophies to prove it), people are sick of seeing the 65-70 Mustangs (at least that's what they told me).

and they do come up for sale in the Rhode Island (I see them on CL all of the time) and I live in the smallest State, you'd think they'd be everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya..our big show only had 2 this year...But i hope next year..few memebers pop in when i get mine finished too..And we flood the show with them...And like the corvette club..Park them all next too eachother..lol

The 71-73 mustangs are RARE relative to the 64-70 mustangs. I quoted these numbers a while back, but they really drive home the point.

Total Mustangs produced 64-73 about 3 million

Total Mustangs 71-73 400 thousand

Total Mustangs 64-70 2.6 million

So...

71-73 mustangs represent only 14% of the 3 million produced. Couple this with the fact that many were destroyed when they were not in demand and there are just not that many out there.

Another way to look at, is there were more than 6 times as many 64-70 Mustangs produced as 71-73's.

Jeff

Back