Some questions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach1 Cleveland 2V
Hello Guys,

I have again some questions about our/mine beloved 71-73.

Ok, I bought a new hood to cowl weatherstrip and it came with the rubber pice and some plastic pins.

On my car this weatherstrip is missing, so I have no clue how to install this one.

I can see some holes in the cowl what look right for this pins, but there are no holes in the rubber.

Also, do you use any adhesive for the rubber?

Another question is about my temp sensor, after a couple of month the car was just staying in the garage, the temp guage didn't show any reaction.

All other guages works normal, so I think maybe the sensor should be defect, I already cleaned the contact but no result.

Before I change the sensor, is there a procedure how I can check the guage and the sensor?

And how do you install a new sensor, with or without teflon tape?

Sorry one more question, my trunk looks pretty weird and I'm looking for a complete floor change, the PO put a lot of bondo in it and welded some spots.

Because my car is partially new painted, my question is now is this job possible without to damage the paint?

Thanks for all your help,

Oskar

Last edited by a moderator:
you will have to measure each pin hole to get them in the right place to install the weather strip...no adhesive is required

if you have an ohm meter, you can ohm the sensor cold and then hot to see if it changes...someone may know what it should read or you may be able to google it. I would use teflon to reinstall it if you take it out

you will have to remove the taillight panel to change the trunk pan in one piece...so repaint will have to be done

Briefly ground the temp sending line while the key is in ACC. If the wires are good, the gauge should peg. If no movement, either the gauge or the wires are faulty.

Back