Marc,

Do you want a bar that can pass tech at the track (provide real rollover protection) or one just for show?

Almost all the ones I have seen installed require some butchering of the interior. But all make the passenger seat area a little more cramped.

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

I'm in the process of installing a roll bar in my 73 mach 1 right now. It's a Competition Engineering 8 point bar, however I'm putting it in as a 6 point. So the main hoop, the 2 rails going to the trunk and 2 bars going to the Tinman subframe connector I installed. I am not using the 2 bars that go along the doors. The back seat room with this configuration limits the back seat use. You could install it as a 4 point bar and still have use of the BS. you would need to cut some holes in the rear side panels for the main hoop to go through and 2 holes for the rails going to the trunk. You would still have a pretty good back seat area, installing the 2 bars going to the sub frames would take away quite a bit of your floor space area and installing the 2 door bars would make access to the BS very limited!

1973 Mach 1 429 cu. in. H.P. TBD, C6 Reverse Manual Valve with 3500 Stall Tranny, 9" rear 3.90 PosiTrac

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Premium

Marc,

Do you want a bar that can pass tech at the track (provide real rollover protection) or one just for show?

Almost all the ones I have seen installed require some butchering of the interior. But all make the passenger seat area a little more cramped.

Ray

Both thanks for the reply

www.swracecars.com

They have a street bar that is just a 4 point all the way up to a full cage.

Can that be used at the track as well.

I'm in the process of installing a roll bar in my 73 mach 1 right now. It's a Competition Engineering 8 point bar, however I'm putting it in as a 6 point. So the main hoop, the 2 rails going to the trunk and 2 bars going to the Tinman subframe connector I installed. I am not using the 2 bars that go along the doors. The back seat room with this configuration limits the back seat use. You could install it as a 4 point bar and still have use of the BS. you would need to cut some holes in the rear side panels for the main hoop to go through and 2 holes for the rails going to the trunk. You would still have a pretty good back seat area, installing the 2 bars going to the sub frames would take away quite a bit of your floor space area and installing the 2 door bars would make access to the BS very limited!

I got npd frame connectors i would like something for the track and back seat room .. thanks for the reply.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Jegster/Jegster-Ford-Roll-Cage-Kits/749661/10002/-1?pno=3&itemPerPage=30

Jegs has kits that are 71-73 specific. I doubt they take into consideration the interior though. I will be getting this kit in the coming weeks so I can tell you how it fits. I don't think you will find any kits that will go in without modification to the interior.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

http://www.jegs.com/p/Jegster/Jegster-Ford-Roll-Cage-Kits/749661/10002/-1?pno=3&itemPerPage=30

Jegs has kits that are 71-73 specific. I doubt they take into consideration the interior though. I will be getting this kit in the coming weeks so I can tell you how it fits. I don't think you will find any kits that will go in without modification to the interior.

Thank You !!! Marc

Every roll bar/cage has a horizontal bar at shoulder level in the main hoop that you would attach your 5 pt harnesses to that a passenger w ould have to crawl over. The back seat is pretty much just for small kids when you add a roll bar.

Dang forgot about bar!!!!

1973 Mach 1 429 cu. in. H.P. TBD, C6 Reverse Manual Valve with 3500 Stall Tranny, 9" rear 3.90 PosiTrac

2007 Mustang GT Convertible Premium

Every roll bar/cage has a horizontal bar at shoulder level in the main hoop that you would attach your 5 pt harnesses to that a passenger w ould have to crawl over. The back seat is pretty much just for small kids when you add a roll bar.

thanks, marc

Dang forgot about bar!!!!

???? Dang me too i guess.. LOL thanks marc