Wannabe/soon to be Mustang owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spgood

Reaction score
My Car
Currently looking
Hey there everyone I decided to finally post up an introduction thread. As you can tell from the title I am merely an observer at this point in time. My father owns a 71 Mustang Mach 1 in lovely blue and silver. I have been scouring craigslist often to find a decent Mustang to get into to begin my collection. I am located in South Dakota and will be going (back) to the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology soon for ME.

Now that the slight introduction is done, I have my first question. Can I just rip a vinyl top off a sportroof and it will look just like a regular fastback style? I have come across a vinly top sportroof. I wish to own something that is not a Mach 1 at this time because I would like to restomod my ride instead of keeping it stock.

Thanks and hello again!

Oh also if you have any links or videos of restomoded 71-73 mustangs I'd like to see them!

Welcome.

I would not let a vinyl top detour you from making a purchase. Vinyl tops were options on more than just fastbacks. Other than filling some trim holes it will look like a Mach 1 after the top is gone.

Keep us posted as to how your search goes.

Welcome from coastal Alabama!

Be careful. When you pull the vinyl off you may find rust! I would keep an open mind toward the Mach 1s b/c they can be modded just like the 02 codes (sports roof models). Good luck with your search. Keep us posted.

Is your dad a member on here? If not get him to sign up by sending him your referrer link that's shown on your User CP page. We need to see pics of his 71. ;)

Here's your personalized referral link you can send him:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/member.php?action=register&referrer=2218

Welcome..+1 to what don says...Mine was a mach 1 with a vinyl top at one time before i owned it ..Came from the factory with one...Some one took it off when they repainted it...I never new i had one till i got my report back from marti..lol

Welcome from West Texas! All I can say is, "If you find a car like mine on Craigslist, ebay, or somewhere else... Run Away!!" rofl

Seriously... check out the early pictures in my FB album below.

Welcome from West Virginia! Good luck!

Hello from SE Michigan.. Good luck on your hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back