New member from Michigan

Jeff72rcode

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome from western Tennessee! ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero

Welcome aboard neighbor.. I live just outside of Canton.

Are you planning on attending Crusin Hines?

I will be cruising hines if I can get the day off work>

Hi Jeff:

You have one of the rarest and in my opinion one of the most coveted of all Mustangs, the 1972 R Code Mach 1. Congrats. She looks gorgeous. I am sure you love the feel of it and the sound of the solid lifters!

Did you pick the car up from a guy in east FL, the Jupiter area? Just happened that I drove and inspected a red 72 R Code a few years ago in that area. I eventually found a grabber glue 72 R Code.

In any case, a warm welcome to another 72 R Code. This is a great place to share your story. From the Tampa Bay area of FL

Ponypastor, I know our car came from Florida but I do not know which part. The previous owners wife did not like the car so he traded it to a dealer in Michigan for a Porsche. I purchased the car in 2009 from that dealer. Our car is not totally original, it has functional ram air, air conditioning and updated radio with a cd player in the trunck and a 71 gas cap but we love it the way it is.

Nice car sir..Welcome from Wa state...I love them red heads...Do you got a marti report on it? It would tell ya what dealer it come from in Florida.

Welcome from TriCities WA. That is one sharp looking car!!!

-jbojo

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Hi Jeff:

You have one of the rarest and in my opinion one of the most coveted of all Mustangs, the 1972 R Code Mach 1. Congrats. She looks gorgeous. I am sure you love the feel of it and the sound of the solid lifters!

Did you pick the car up from a guy in east FL, the Jupiter area? Just happened that I drove and inspected a red 72 R Code a few years ago in that area. I eventually found a grabber glue 72 R Code.

In any case, a warm welcome to another 72 R Code. This is a great place to share your story. From the Tampa Bay area of FL

Ponypastor, I know our car came from Florida but I do not know which part. The previous owners wife did not like the car so he traded it to a dealer in Michigan for a Porsche. I purchased the car in 2009 from that dealer. Our car is not totally original, it has functional ram air, air conditioning and updated radio with a cd player in the trunck and a 71 gas cap but we love it the way it is.

Nice car sir..Welcome from Wa state...I love them red heads...Do you got a marti report on it? It would tell ya what dealer it come from in Florida.

hyena 29, the previous owner had the car in Florida, according to my Marti report the car was originally sent to Rudy Valentino Ford in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania in May of 1972

Hi Jeff (again): Thanks for the response to my original thoughts about your R Code and its relationship to FL.

2009 was the year I drove to the east coast of Florida (Jupiter area) to inspect a red 1972 R Code. I met the owner and his wife and drove the car. At the time, the car had a couple of mechanical issues that appeared while I was test driving the car--it always pays to test drive. So, I passed on the car. But the owner assured me later on via e-mail that the he had had the issues repaired professionally.

Very nice R Code. And, as you know already, the AC must have been a dealer (2009 dealer) add-on as R Codes did not come with AC from the factory.

Hope you and the wife enjoy the car very much! All the best from FL.

Tim: Restoring 71-73 Ponies, Restoring People

139A1893.jpg

I want to thank everyone for all the nice comments about our car and I wish I had the time to look at all the Mustangs on the sight and do the same. I have seen a lot of very very nice cars on the sight and would like to say they are all great looking cars, So to all I say your cars look great!!!!