DOING UP THE ENGINE BAY

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Been a bit side tracked with summer family stuff, But finally back on the former 429 Mach..So we pulled the 429+c6..Now that it's out of way & sold I can concentrate on doing the engine bay & related parts. I've already cleaned power washed the bay 3 times & it's ready to start prepping..Have a few more tidbits to remove get out of the way..We are going to start scotch briteing sanding today..after that we will see where I'm at..I've already media blasted a bunch of parts & have them in epoxy primer..Going to be using eastwwod extreme chassis black for everything above the rails..Continuing with the sem rust shield for everything below the aprons..

101_0395.JPG101_0396.JPG101_0397.JPG101_0398.JPG101_0399.JPG

Been a bit side tracked with summer family stuff, But finally back on the former 429 Mach..So we pulled the 429+c6..Now that it's out of way & sold I can concentrate on doing the engine bay & related parts. I've already cleaned power washed the bay 3 times & it's ready to start prepping..Have a few more tidbits to remove get out of the way..We are going to start scotch briteing sanding today..after that we will see where I'm at..I've already media blasted a bunch of parts & have them in epoxy primer..Going to be using eastwwod extreme chassis black for everything above the rails..Continuing with the sem rust shield for everything below the aprons..
How did you apply the paint???? Getting ready to do my 1972 engine compartment this week.

Good day today..Just finshed the epoxy primer..dancebanana A few spots to putty (polyester glazing putty) Then time for the eastwood extreme satin chassis black Oh & by the way..Just to show ya,,You don't need fancy equipment to turn out great work..All done with electric power tools..sprayed with a small touch up gun & my pancake compressor

101_0425.JPG101_0431.JPG101_0433.JPG101_0434.JPG101_0438.JPG101_0442.JPG101_0443.JPG

101_0440.JPG

Thanks Guys !

coming along nice..power washed cleaned the inner structure..2 coats of sem rust shield..Tonight I'm going to seam seal everything using a urethane seam sealer..then I'm going to spray the entire inner structure with evercoat rubberized undercoat using a texture gun ..Have the same frt coil over conversation suspension I installed on the q-code on order so I will have all the 429 springs entire frt suspension for sale soon..also going to be looking to sell the rims & tires shortly..More pics to follow

101_0449.JPG101_0450.JPG101_0451.JPG

Looks good Scott!! Man that car is rock SOLID!!!
Thanks !

Yes very solid car Definitely not a northeast car ...I've been taking a bunch of photos of all the factory seam seam sealer & stuff just to have to document should I ever decide to do one concours..One thing that was really cool was when I removed the fenders it still had factory seam sealer applied on the fender to splash shield joint..never knew that ford actually sealed the plastic splash shields to the fender..

101_0421.JPG101_0422.JPG

Like usual Scott great work and great information for future reference. When at the MCA show in Indy they had this 844 mile original paint 71 boss. Still had all of the original sound deadener on it. Man, they layed that stuff down by the inch. Look at some of these pics.

P1010154.JPG

P1010198.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back