Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Qcode mach1
Hello everyone,

Figured it's time to introduce myself after lurking for a while.

My name is Richard(Rick) Longfellow and I am originally from New Castle Indiana and currently living in Ocala Florida. I am soon to be joining the ranks of the retired as of Sept. 3rd. I will no longer need an alarm clock.

Spent most of my teens riding in a 64 1/2 convertible with my best friend. At the time I was a Mopar guy as there were a ton of them for real cheap at the time. Didn't buy my first Mustang till after I got married and she was the glue for my wife and I in the early years. We worked on her together and were all three joined at the hip. Even back then rust was the big issue and I learned how to pound metal roughly into shape and screw and tack welding. Repainted her the original Gold Glow and named her Gold Rush even though she was only a stock 351C we got a rush. Had her for five good years but she went missing after quitting on the freeway one day.

Since then we have had four Fox body Mustangs and one Capri but they always seemed to be jinxed. Two were totaled and the others were just drove into the ground as I have a long commute. My wife refuses to ride in a Fox body after she was T-boned in hers. Now we are looking for another Gold Glow 72 fastback to restore together now that the kids are all gone. I have a lead on one that is pretty close to the perfect candidate, just waiting on funds to free up after retiring. Can't wait to get back to my favorite obsession. Seems I have already found a great source of knowledge and maybe some new friends.

Thanks for a great forum:

Rick

Welcome from Las Vegas, Rick! Glad to have you on board! ::welcome::

Welcome aboard from SE Michigan. You will find a wealth of knowledge here.

Rick,

Welcome from California. Story is similar to mine, had a 71 back in high school, a 66 convertible and 69 Mach 1 before kids. Now retired and picked up a 73 Mach 1 in March. All torn apart and hoping I can remember how to put back together. Good times.

Jeff

Welcome Rick,

Thanks for sharing your story.

All the best in your retirement in a few weeks time. Here's hoping you find the perfect replacement for Gold Rush and that the three of you will continue on that road once traveled. Enjoy the memories and the making of new ones.

Thank You for Your service. Welcome from Mississippi.::welcome::

Hi Rick and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

I have to admit I am kind of a Mopar nut myself, I am actually looking for one to keep my 72 vert company in the garage.

It's always good to have your wife on board when it comes to expensive hobbies. :)

Welcome from coastal Alabama! I hope your lead turns out to be exactly the car you're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back