Finally got me an AOD

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luxstang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Convertible
Saturday I drove to northern Germany to meet our new member Ildoor to buy an AOD from him.

His ad on a German forum got us in touch and I referred him to this board.

Unfortunately nobody got to see the others Mustang because he agreed to meet me about an hour down the road from his place, so my trip would get a little shorter.

It still was a little over 1300 km (about 810 miles) and I went in my VW of course.

He is a very nice guy by the way.

The conversion will be a project for next winter and I plan to test the trans by driving the 830 miles to his place next spring and take the two Mustangs out for a spin. :)

Anyway, here it is, waiting for things to come:

Foto.JPG

looks like a considerable upgrade from the FMX. I couldn't imagine parts arent as easy to come by as they are here in the states. normally we could find one 8 miles down the road.

Congrats on the AOD purchase. I think you will really enjoy it, especially from a 1st and 4th gear perspective.

Side topic alert...

I was talking about you this morning with my co-worker who sits right beside me. He was deployed for training to Europe for a few weeks and was in Luxembourg for a few days. I didn't know he was headed that way because I was on leave when he left. He came back and was talking about all the places he went to and Lux was one of the places. Another co-worker asked if Lux was in Germany and a good discussion about your country started up. I mentioned that I have a friend there and they both looked at me like no way, how could you possibly know someone from there. ;)

I asked my co-worker if he has to go back through Lux again and if so I might have to hook you two up to get together. He said probably will have to go through Lux again. Anyway, it was a nice conversation this morning about your country.

[/hijack over]

He said probably will have to go through Lux again. Anyway, it was a nice conversation this morning about your country.

[/hijack over]
Hook him up with me when he has to come back. If he's got some spare time, I can show him around a little. It's well worth it. :)

Back