Trunk Help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach123

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang mach 1
I need some help on my trunk, I have a 1971 Mach 1 and the trunk springs came off the car. It has the Boss wing and I was also wondering if there is a way to make the tension stronger and hold the weight of the wing up. Are the torsion springs my only option or can I use a air or hydrolic shock like the ones used in Marine or on camper shells for pickups. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Not that this idea would work for a 71, but a 70 'stang that I had had a trunk prop because the wing was too heavy for the springs. I'd wait for a few of the more senior member chime in though before you go any further. These guys really either have done it all or really know it...

Not that this idea would work for a 71, but a 70 'stang that I had had a trunk prop because the wing was too heavy for the springs. I'd wait for a few of the more senior member chime in though before you go any further. These guys really either have done it all or really know it...
X2... wait!!

The hydraulic stuff don´t like me... to much invention to solve a simple problem...

I think the spring can be reinforced easily... My car had a rear wing on it too... Non factory of course and the spring didn´t keep the door open.. It was an original mach 1 1971 dated wing, so maybe the springs of the car with and witout wings were different...

It´s kinda logic... my trunk door now opens really smoth, correctly...

Back