How's Everyone Doing?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkelley

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1

• 351C-4V "Q-Code"
• Cammed, Hooker Longtubes, Edelbrock Manifold, Holley 600CFM, Glasspacks, Unknown Gears
• C4 Auto
Been really busy lately, actually, mostly just been broke lately. The spring semester just started up and has me returned to a struggling college student status. Bought a pertronix ignitor for the Mach over a month ago and couldn't get it to fire after installing it. Just finally got the timing set with it today and had it running for the first time in a while. Really gave me that itch again, so I'm gonna pick up some cheap tires to use while I save up for some new BFG T/As.

Found a set of Cooper Trendsetter SE 205/75R-14s on some stock steel wheels on Craigslist listed for $200. Gonna go check them out tomorrow and see if I can't give the seller the old broke college kid sob story and offer $118 (it's all the cash I have haha). Called the guy up and he seemed cool. Said he's had them in the garage for over a year, had them on his '65 Ranchero just for moving purposes. Told him I was just looking for something to put on my Mach while I restore it. Claims they have 90% tread left, I don't really care since the back tires are going to lose a lot of tread fast. They should look nice and funky on the Mach, too, but at least I actually be able to take it around the block.

Anyways, just wanted to check in with you guys since I haven't posted in the past few months.

Welcome back, just remember all things take time. Unless you are that guy on the Hagerty insurance commercial, the mega millionaire, undercover spy, with a classic car in every country,:)

Been really busy lately, actually, mostly just been broke lately. The spring semester just started up and has me returned to a struggling college student status. Bought a pertronix ignitor for the Mach over a month ago and couldn't get it to fire after installing it. Just finally got the timing set with it today and had it running for the first time in a while. Really gave me that itch again, so I'm gonna pick up some cheap tires to use while I save up for some new BFG T/As.

Found a set of Cooper Trendsetter SE 205/75R-14s on some stock steel wheels on Craigslist listed for $200. Gonna go check them out tomorrow and see if I can't give the seller the old broke college kid sob story and offer $118 (it's all the cash I have haha). Called the guy up and he seemed cool. Said he's had them in the garage for over a year, had them on his '65 Ranchero just for moving purposes. Told him I was just looking for something to put on my Mach while I restore it. Claims they have 90% tread left, I don't really care since the back tires are going to lose a lot of tread fast. They should look nice and funky on the Mach, too, but at least I actually be able to take it around the block.

Anyways, just wanted to check in with you guys since I haven't posted in the past few months.
Hang in there buddy !Sounds like you have your priorities in the right place.You keep going and everything will come to you."Patience Grasshopper"

Glad to see you back, Bryce. Yep, I remember well the "'poor college student" years. I lived in Montana and only had a Suzuki 400 as my year round transportation, and I drove it year round.

Keep at it and, as others have said, be patient. Let us know how the $118 offer works out.

Doc

Thanks, guys. I'm keeping patient, it's just hard. I want to drive it so bad haha.

Here's a video of me messing with it after getting it running with the Ignitor installed. Still need to get the carb adjusted which is why I was having a problem with it idling. Plus, it really needs to just be driven to get the "cobwebs" blown out. Hasn't been driven at speed in over 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, the guy sold the tires I was looking to buy. But, I found a set of '95 Mustang GT wheels with some pretty worn tires for $150. I offered $100, he counter offered with $120. As long as the tires aren't completely garbage I think I'm going to get them. I figured once I can afford some new BFG Radials, I can just sell the GT wheels for a decent price.

What do you guys things? Here's the listing for them: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/2205142394.html

Thanks, guys. I'm keeping patient, it's just hard. I want to drive it so bad haha.

Here's a video of me messing with it after getting it running with the Ignitor installed. Still need to get the carb adjusted which is why I was having a problem with it idling. Plus, it really needs to just be driven to get the "cobwebs" blown out. Hasn't been driven at speed in over 20 years.

Bryce,the car does not sound bad at all ! I am like you get that pony out and stretch it's legs ! Let me know when you do and I will give you some old shade tree remedies that my dad tought me and I still use on engines that have been sitting for a while. Good luck !

PC250016.JPG

Pretty much the only thing holding me back is insurance. Gotta figure out what's going to happen with that before I can do any leg stretching.

Also, I've got the dude talked down to $100 on the tires. Gonna pick them up tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
For insurance get with Hagerty. They insure collector vehicles. It is fairly inexpensive.
So, completely forgot to give them a call. Just got a quote for $149 a year, which sounds great to me considering I'm paying that a month for my Blazer haha.

Back