Looking for my next Mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBreeze

Reaction score
My Car
'11 F-150
'07 Toyota Solara
'09 XR1200
'07 650 VStrom
'07 250 Ninja
Greetings.

I am between Mustangs at the moment. My first was a 67 fastback with 289/auto. Really liked that one until I wrapped it around a telephone pole very late one night. Sleepdriving is not recommended. The second was a 65 coupe 200 I6/3 spd. Project car that got eaten by night school. Got tired of it sitting waiting for attention. So now I'm moving the Toyota Solara Convertable on to a new owner. Nice car but no soul. I miss a strong V8 roaring through dual exhausts. Makes the blood move. My brother had a 73 fastback 302/auto and I was surprised by how roomy it was. Important as I'm 6'8". With a little searching I found your forum and hopefully sometime this summer I'll be the proud new owner of a 71-73 fastback.

Catch ya later

Greetings.

I am between Mustangs at the moment. My first was a 67 fastback with 289/auto. Really liked that one until I wrapped it around a telephone pole very late one night. Sleepdriving is not recommended. The second was a 65 coupe 200 I6/3 spd. Project car that got eaten by night school. Got tired of it sitting waiting for attention. So now I'm moving the Toyota Solara Convertable on to a new owner. Nice car but no soul. I miss a strong V8 roaring through dual exhausts. Makes the blood move. My brother had a 73 fastback 302/auto and I was surprised by how roomy it was. Important as I'm 6'8". With a little searching I found your forum and hopefully sometime this summer I'll be the proud new owner of a 71-73 fastback.

Catch ya later
I'm 6'2" and I feel like a little kid in my mustang and suprisingly my daily driver crossfire. I fell in love with both cars because of the seating position, how the door panels come up my shoulders. Welcome aboard!

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard! You won't find anyone here to talk you out of how great the 71-73's are! :D

::welcome::

I'm 6'2" and I feel like a little kid in my mustang and suprisingly my daily driver crossfire. I fell in love with both cars because of the seating position, how the door panels come up my shoulders. Welcome aboard!

The 73 actually felt sporty to me. I fill up the driver's seat pretty well without getting overcrowded.

My dream is to build the car as my interpretation of a GT Gran Tourismo. Somewhere around 400 horsepower, automatic, comfortable ride with improved handling, and excellent brakes. Comfortable sporty car for cross country drives.

Greetings.

My brother had a 73 fastback 302/auto and I was surprised by how roomy it was. Important as I'm 6'8".
Just don't try the back seat {not that you will be there often but I wouldn't want to be there for a 4 hour drive::shrug::rofl

WELCOME aboard!

Please be forewarned as coming to this Site may entice you to purchase a '71 - '73 sooner rather than later:).

I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

welcome there tall guy!!... I have a 72 fastback and i´ve had some others previous years mustangs... 1966 and 1970... This one is by far the biggest inside (outside too ;) )

If you dont bother driving a really long hood car, this is gonna be a fun ride man!

Keep in touch!"

Being 6'5" myself, the biggest thing I love about my '71 is the fact that the dashboard scoops inward (away from the driver) from the top-down, leaving tons of room for knees. Every car I've owned (except my '97 Ram 4x4) has been a challenge, since the dashboards tend to scoop outward (toward the driver) as they get closer to the bottom.

Granted, that can make adjusting the volume on the radio a little tough with the seat all the way back, but that's what remote controls are for, right?

Get one soon - you'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back