72- Medium Lime Metallic - resurrection

I am going to try and post a link in this posting that contains photos showing the history of my car from when I first purchased it at age 15 for $600 bucks to its current state following sheetmetal work. I completed an eye candy restoration in High School to be able to drive it during the midwestern summers. Heck I had to work all year just to afford the three months of insurance. If this link works to my Shutterfly account I will add additional posts as time goes by in completing my concourse driven restoration of this car.

Try the link below (if it works)

http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=1972mach1restoration&page=1972mach1restoration/pictures&album=91

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you set up a garage? You could add a garage button to your signature. Makes it a little easier.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

good work it will be nice to see the rest.

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

Nicely done!

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

• 10 months later...

Well, got a few photos from Mustang Central today. He has the quarters all reworked from the previous incorrect install and the replacement doors and original hood stripped to bare metal. Just a couple of photos to share with the mustang family.

IMG_0554.thumb.jpg.37b34eb538db423aea9d54cd410e5a0f.jpg

IMG_0583.thumb.jpg.b6db17da6b65877fd45c5951b33b79f6.jpg

IMG_0584.thumb.jpg.1455672da83183c5547506f3f03110e3.jpg

IMG_0580.thumb.jpg.6844be8301330db3b16c678716857789.jpg

BKDunha

Thanks for sharing the pics. It's nice the bodyshop is sending you pics. I stopped by the body shop almost every Friday to take pics of the progress. It added about 30 minutes to my commute home from work (not including picture taking time).

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics. It's nice the bodyshop is sending you pics. I stopped by the body shop almost every Friday to take pics of the progress. It added about 30 minutes to my commute home from work (not including picture taking time).

Ole Pony;

It would be really hard to explain being late for dinner after a 920 mile round trip drive. I must admit I would love to go every week. I am planning a trip on Saturday 02/18/12 to bring down the AMK fastener kit and couple of other odds and ends. Next trip wont be until March.

BKDunha

Ole Pony;

It would be really hard to explain being late for dinner after a 920 mile round trip drive. I must admit I would love to go every week. I am planning a trip on Saturday 02/18/12 to bring down the AMK fastener kit and couple of other odds and ends. Next trip wont be until March.

That is a long round trip! Maybe the body shop will let you set up a Web Cam and we can all watch the progress live! :idea:

20180127_082009.jpg

That is a long round trip! Maybe the body shop will let you set up a Web Cam and we can all watch the progress live! :idea:

OOOHHHHH Good idea. I will have to throw that idea out there when I visit. Who wants to meet me in Byron,GA to set it up.

BKDunha

OOOHHHHH Good idea. I will have to throw that idea out there when I visit. Who wants to meet me in Byron,GA to set it up.

Hey..I like that Idea I always wanted to set up a live cam in the Saturday morning garage..I already have an account herehttp://www.oovoo.com/HowToooVooItem.aspx?pname=HowToooVooVideoChatRoom so maybe this weekend I will set it up & start broadcasting live from the Saturday morning garage..stay tuned

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Hey..I like that Idea I always wanted to set up a live cam in the Saturday morning garage..I already have an account herehttp://www.oovoo.com/HowToooVooItem.aspx?pname=HowToooVooVideoChatRoom so maybe this weekend I will set it up & start broadcasting live from the Saturday morning garage..stay tuned

Just make sure your not walking around in your Speedo!

:D

20180127_082009.jpg

• 3 months later...

One more update. All of the metal work is now done and paint will be going on this week. Here are a couple of photos of the first coat of primer drying in the sun a couple of weeks ago. He took some time out of the shop last week to go show his bronco in central TN. I have included a couple of shots of that as well. I received a call from him prior to the last coat of primer going on asking if the car had been in a hail storm or if it had anything stored on top of it. In the 28 years I have had the car nothing like that occured. He indicated he had to hammer and dolly 36 dings out of the roof. I never noticed anything like that when I first got the car back in 84.

IMG_0701.thumb.jpg.4dde54b7acb870052d70eccaf15e4876.jpg

IMG_0702.thumb.jpg.a24ae6688f05cdf4e976503646e02b61.jpg

IMG_0703.thumb.jpg.001b71b992924086f432cca2bed91d0e.jpg

A couple of Allan's Bronco (Before & After) they self explanatory

1263094529_allanbronco2.thumb.jpg.60069e1142e39f985a30f987766a06e3.jpg

394783527_allanbronco.thumb.jpg.a5c312917e8abb6cbe092a85a50766f5.jpg

BKDunha

They both look great! Can't wait to see pics after the paint is sprayed.

20180127_082009.jpg