The Second Amendment

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 M-code Grande
Having this discussion at work about firearms. A co-worker says the

2nd amendment needs to be re-written(??), too vague he says.

The sticking point was "well regulated militia"; as it always is.

"well regulated" meant "proficient" in the vernacular of the time, and

the militia is You! Yes, You! And if you don't own a gun and know

how to use it, you are in violation of the written law...

§311. Militia: composition and classes

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

(b) The classes of the militia are-

(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and

(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

'nuff said.

mike

Yup...I have gotten into a few scraps over that...They act like the founding fathers had no clue..They wrote it very clear..But some people can cloud up the clearest of words with dribble.

I like this picture.

rights.jpg

Yup...I have gotten into a few scraps over that...They act like the founding fathers had no clue..They wrote it very clear..But some people can cloud up the clearest of words with dribble.

I like this picture.
They singulary attack the 2nd and ignore the other 26. Why?

I like the picture also.

mike

I think I would prefer having two words added before well regulated...the words "well armed,".
Indeed!

I still believe in America and I think the antigun brainwashing needs to stop. and I also think we need to be told the truth which our government hasn't for a while. and im ending at that.

I fully support the 2nd but some don't view it like most of us do so ill just leave this picture.
I will second that! I own a gun and proudly love my country, our government not so much.

Back