Introduction Searching for a Sprint

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
None
Hello all. I am a long time blue oval fan. Currently I collect Lincolns as I prefer the large cruisers. I have five of them from a 1961 suicide door Continental a 1973 Continental with the rare Town car option, a 1976 Continental Town Car, a 1979 Mark V and a rare 1987 Town Car Sail America Stars & Stripes Edition. I also collect vintage Airstream travel trailers (five of them too).

My daily driver is also a blue oval product, a 2010 F-450 long box dually diesel.

Recently I have been searching for more rare Ford products and discovered the Sprint editions of the Mustangs, Mavericks and Pinto's. I also saw the Pinto cruising wagons and was set to buy a pair last fall for a great deal but the seller was going away until spring and he never relisted the cars.

I am now looking at a Sprint sportsroof Q code and B package. It's a mess and needs a total restore but is definately worth doing.

I'm in negotiations with the seller now and will see what happens. There are title issues to solve before I can bring it home.

Stay tuned and I'll update what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks If I do get the car it won't be my first stang. Back a whole life time ago while I was still in high school I foolishly bought a junked out 65 vert, that was in 1975 and the car was totally rusted out and I didn't know jack about how to fix them but loved the car. I had no way to afford the repairs or even get it moved from the back of the hamburger joint parking lot so I sold the car for scrap. I still regret that to this day.

this time the car won't be scrapped and will end up on my rotisserie like the 61 Continental I'm in the middle of now.

BTW and just for fun here is my 61:

1961 Lincoln Pass Side.JPG

Welcome from central Ohio. This is a great site with many knowledgeable members that will be able to help with any Mustang you get. Is the Sprint you are considering a USA or Canadian flagged model? We have one member who has a Canadian Sprint with a Canadian flag on the rear quarter.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-sprint-coupe--8142

Welcome from Oklahoma.

There are quite a few Sprint owners on here. Including a very nice one like the one you are considering.

Ray

Welcome from Ohio

I restored a Q code sprint fastback in the late 90's when no one knew what they were :D:D:D

Good luck

Don

Welcome from central Ohio. This is a great site with many knowledgeable members that will be able to help with any Mustang you get. Is the Sprint you are considering a USA or Canadian flagged model? We have one member who has a Canadian Sprint with a Canadian flag on the rear quarter.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-sprint-coupe--8142
Hi Steve it's an American model. I've seen the Canuck version on here and earlier this spring I saw another one for sale in Quebec but I think it was an American one too. The Canadian versions were very rare.

Welcome.

Yours sounds like a very interesting story.

Feel free to share photos of your other rides as well. Personally, I would like to see what you are talking about with some of those Lincolns.

All the best and hoping the sale goes through for you on the Sprint.

Welcome from coastal Alabama! I also like the big Lincolns and classic silver travel trailers. Post some pics of these. I'd love to see them.

Best of luck with your purchase of the sprint.

Welcome.

Yours sounds like a very interesting story.

Feel free to share photos of your other rides as well. Personally, I would like to see what you are talking about with some of those Lincolns.

All the best and hoping the sale goes through for you on the Sprint.
Well it took a while but I got most of my rides parked in the MY GARAGE space. feel free to browse them and ask any questions you might have.

Nice collection! The Airstreams need some work but look like good trailers to start with. I've never seen one like the '47 model...very unique.

The Lincoln's look great too and nice Caddy!

Welcome from Wa state...Like them suicide door Lincoln's my self....My dad had one..Had the 430 mel motor in it..What a good highway cruzer..It has some low end power that is for sure..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back