Introduction Searching for a Sprint

Wasagachris

Thanks Scott that's just the info I needed to hear. I hadn't given the suspension much though yet. I've been thinking about the large parts of the car and slowly working my way down to the nitty gritty of the smaller components. body, paint, interior, powerplant, trans etc.

I guess I have some reading to do on your build!

I've used a/c systems from Classic air before while I was working at a van conversion shop. That was back when they were real vans not these soccer mom mini vans they sell now.

I have a bunch more vids on youtube heres my channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/fuzzenut/videos?live_view=500&sort=dd&view=0&flow=grid

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think and dream about this car the more I want to take it back to stock original. Sure it would be nice to update the suspension to a coil over system and add 4 wheel disc brakes and so on and so on.

Maybe I would consider such mods and updates to a plain old stang but this one is so rare it deserves to be returned to the way it rolled of the line in Dearborn back in March 1972.

I'm a stock kind of restoration guy anyway so this just sits better with me.

On that note I'm looking for a 3 speed toploader from a 1972 302 2V stang. One of the PO's changed this car to a 3 speed auto. From what research I've been doing the trans should have the data plated stamped RAN-CA1 on it. If anybody is scrapping out a 302 3 speed let me know what you have. I know the car will never be a numbers matching car but I can get close.

The current owner states that the axle looks changed to a 9 inch.

Didn't the car come equipped with a 9 inch anyway?

The axle code is 3 which according to the decoder is a 2.79:1 ratio standard differential. Experts chime in please and let me know what axle the car should have.

I have a 3 speed out of a 71

I have several 8 inch drum to drums

You do not have to make stencils for the stripes like I did in the 90's

They now make the hood decals

Thanks for the link. I did actually find that car during my extensive CL search. It was the top of my list of possible contenders. What led me to be not too interested was the claim that it was "restored" 8 yrs ago and it's rusting out. There are no pics of the interior, probably because it is in sorry condition.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that decal too low on the 1/4?

I was also suspicious of the mark or crack? in front of the 1/4 marker light. Looks like a huge crack in the bondo when the car was "restored".

" rust spot on the trunk lid "

Maybe that should read

" some metal left on trunklid "

Saw this one the other day - do not know them or the car

http://sandusky.craigslist.org/cto/4027698051.html

looks nice I don't know how I missed that one. I also texted the guy with the 72 coupe body for sale in AL and he hasn't replied.

Yup saw that one too. It was second on my list. No flys on me huh!:rolleyes:

I was going to call on both of those cars until I spoke to the guy who has one locally. I'll be going to see it next week and talk about the restoration job. I'm waiting until I see how that goes and then maybe call on those cars and go from there.

This one looks like the best one for condition and options but it's so far away from me.

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/3965133960.html

welcome from Tenn, I have a sprint package B sportsroof that needs full resto that I would sell. Look in the Marti report section for options. It has comp susp too.

Hi I'm guessing from reading your threads the car is in pieces now. Engine/trans out, fenders and hood removed.

can you give me a little more info on the condition and your asking price please?

welcome from Tenn, I have a sprint package B sportsroof that needs full resto that I would sell. Look in the Marti report section for options. It has comp susp too.

Hi I'm guessing from reading your threads the car is in pieces now. Engine/trans out, fenders and hood removed.

can you give me a little more info on the condition and your asking price please?

Yes, motor/trans out and front clip off. It needs floors and truck pan welded in. I have some parts for car including trunk floor, drop offs, tail light panel and full left side quarter. I can email some cell phone pics if interested. price is $3,000

adpic.jpg

I'll keep it in mind, but my first thought is that shipping a car that is in pieces would be far too expensive for me to even consider the car at that price.You would probably be insulted at what I would consider offering you for the car so I won't do that.

Are the parts you have NOS, repop's or used pieces?

I'll keep it in mind, but my first thought is that shipping a car that is in pieces would be far too expensive for me to even consider the car at that price.You would probably be insulted at what I would consider offering you for the car so I won't do that.

One of our members bought this roller from me and had it shipped from San Diego CA to Ontario for under 1k.

756539894_Bybypartscar003.thumb.jpg.5ef6265ddf5297efa10677acd3c0bb63.jpg

- Mike

Some parts are new repops and the quarter is a good orig part. If you wanted the car, I would reinstall motor and body panels. It wouldn't run but could be shipped as a "roller'. Its a matching number Sprint so I think its worth $2,500 even in its current state. If you think its not worth that, no biggie.

adpic.jpg

Some parts are new repops and the quarter is a good orig part. If you wanted the car, I would reinstall motor and body panels. It wouldn't run but could be shipped as a "roller'. Its a matching number Sprint so I think its worth $2,500 even in its current state. If you think its not worth that, no biggie.

PM sent

• 4 weeks later...

Road trip tomorrow. Heading out at 5:00AM on a 4 hour each way trip to look at the Sprint Coupe that the restoration shop has for sale. If I leave here at 5 I can beat the morning rush in the Big Smoke (Toronto) and still arrive early in the morning at his shop so I can spend the better part of the day poking over the car and talking to the owner and make it back thru TO before the afternoon rush.

I don't think I'll be pulling the trigger on the car yet but I do want to get eyes on it and ask a million questions about his shop and exactly how he does his work.

I'll be taking lots of pics and will post them here tomorrow night upon return.

Wish me luck!

Thanks guys for the best wishes.

I left a little late this morning at 5:30AM and it was cold, down to freezing. Consequently I got hung up in traffic and spent 2 hrs trying to get across Toronto. Then it took me a while to find his place. GPS couldn't locate his road. I arrived at 11:00AM and spent the better part of the day going over the car and discussing how he does things and how I would like the car done. I didn't leave his place until 4:30PM and it took me until 10:00PM to get home.

I'm too tired to do a write up tonight but I will say the car needs a lot of metal work. I have over 100 pics of the car, his shop and some finished cars and cars on the go. I'll do a through write up tomorrow and will post pics to show what the car is like.

More to follow in the morning.

P.S. this is the first time I've seen a 71-73 in person and actually sat behind the wheel of one. I'm hooked now for sure.

Chris where did you end up going? If it was in the Hamilton area we could have met up.

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]