What are the chances!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonEvenson

Reaction score
My Car
This is a 1 of 51, on the Marti Report 71 Sportsroof (Fastback) Mustang show car Grabber Green Mettallic Z code paint, 3W deluxe white interior, Matching #s 351 Cleveland and FMX auto transmission. This is a show quality car, that needs very little to be perfect. Updates are as follows: Edelebrock intake & Carb. Flowmaster Exhaust, Petronix electronic ignition, white face gauges with green LED'S, pioneer MP3/USB and much more.
Went to a show that had a 71-73 Mustang class, and somehow a 1969 Shelby got placed with us. Talk about being starstruck, needless to say I got 2nd :) Those cars are so similar to to 71-73's they assumed that's what class it belonged in. I never thought

I would see one in person, let alone be parked next to one. The owner just recently purchased it for $120k, he felt kinda silly when his first place trophy said 71-73 Mustang:)

20130824_092511.jpg

20130824_101901.jpg

20130824_143350.jpg

IMG_2467.jpg

It was an awesome show with almost 300 cars and over 50 categories. I really got to check out the 69 Shelby GT500 and yes its a very cool car, but that 428CJ motor was extremely quit and that was not expected. I'm guessing its cause its a concourse car and that's what they sounded like, kinda disappointing. Glad I didn't but one :)

20130824_092502.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy here has a red 69 GT500 that is showroom perfect and wins a lot of trophies. So he didn't complain about his award say 71-73?
No, the judges were saying something quietly to him and he left before I got a chance to speak to him. The thing is he would of placed first in the 67-70 class also, but I just look at it as a once in a lifetime experience and I'm cool with a second place plaque.

001.jpegSome more pics of the show

010.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's kinda cool but kinda scary at the same time if owners and/or the people organizing a car show don't even know what actual class a car should go in!

That is awesome man. You've got your car and a genuine GT500 right next to it. Wrong class or no that is still cool. Much less you don't see many of those, it's always the 65-67 and sometimes 68 Shelby's.

Nice looking 71 Mach. I was wondering if the Pink one had a Pink Panther painter on the side. Twenty years ago I sold a 429 Super Cobra Jet that looked like that to a guy who worked in Alaska, but was from Spokane. Haven't seen it since.:shrug2:

Nice looking 71 Mach. I was wondering if the Pink one had a Pink Panther painter on the side. Twenty years ago I sold a 429 Super Cobra Jet that looked like that to a guy who worked in Alaska, but was from Spokane. Haven't seen it since.:shrug2:
I haven't seen any pink ones. I have only seen maybe a half dozen around the Spokane area and they have all been the usual red & black like the one at this show.

Back