'73 Mach1 Q code Barnfind in Europe!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDCAT '65

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
Hello, does anybody know how many Q code 4 speeds were built in '73?

This is a genuine barn find from Europe. The car was found in "Andorra" a small country between France and Spain. It was also registered there in '72 according to the sticker in the window. It is pretty solid with no rust or rust-repairs on the floors or front. Just a bit on the right wheel wells and rear quarters. It is a real Mach1 and has the Q code 351 Cleveland with a 4 Speed transmission, and I wonder how many were built in this configuration?

It also has a km/h Export speedometer. Don't wonder about the grille ;) The car must have had a small front accident sometime and the owner probably couldn't get a hand on a new grille back then. So he made his own one. Probably built together from some italian car I guess ;) Cool thing I found in the backseat. Original Mach1 Stripe kit from Ford in the box. date codes 1977. Here's a few pictures.

15637183tr.jpg

15637184xt.jpg

15637185ep.jpg

15637186jk.jpg

15637187yx.jpg

15637188ax.jpg

15637189gt.jpg

15637190na.jpg

15637319el.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I don't think it is a T5, 'cause it wasn't a German car but Spain.

But cool site, I will check out!

Does anybody know how many 4 Speed Q codes were made that year? On the net I couldn't find any numbers...

Anyone notice the other cool American cars in the pics? That's very unusual for Europe. I am on my phone browsing this but that thing with the suicide doors looks like Lincoln and in another pic I see what might be a Dodge Dart.

Anyone notice the other cool American cars in the pics? That's very unusual for Europe. I am on my phone browsing this but that thing with the suicide doors looks like Lincoln and in another pic I see what might be a Dodge Dart.
Looks like a 61 Lincoln and a Eagle spirit, I think...not many of those around here.

Back