Introduction from the New Kid from NC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1973 Mustang Mach 1

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
It is a project car for me since I am 17. It needs new interior and a new paint job. I plan to make it a daily driver that I can enjoy whenever I want to go for a drive.
So, I'm from NC and I was born in 1995, so I'm probably one of the youngest people on here, but eh we're all here for the same reasons. I recently bought a 1973 Mach 1 Mustang to start my passion of restoring, driving, and learning about classic muscle cars. I own a 2011 Camaro, and yeah it's fun to drive, but it's not a classic car, and I have always wanted a classic car so I have been searching for one for a long time. The owner of the '71 Mach 1 was my uncle's cousin so he sold it to me for what he bought it for a while back. The car is now a 4 owner car, it has never left the county I live in, and it still has it's original 351 C in it and it runs (minus it needing a new fuel pump, which is sitting in my kitchen). I know what I'm planning to do with the Mach 1. I plan on making it look original from the outside, and give it a little touch of me on the inside on the interior design, but put the classic '73 Mach 1 seats in it. But I don't plan on altering the car to where it can't be put back to how it was originally. So I'd just add minor things to make it appeal to me. Anything I take out of it, I will be keeping in a place where they won't start to go bad, because one day I may put it back into the car. And that's a little about me and new/old '73 Mach 1 and you guys might be hearing from me a little bit more as I get more into my project.

- Brandon

Welcome from Navarre Florida, Post up some Pics when you get a chance

T2 ::welcome::
I will post pictures of the car once I start working on it. Luckily it will be going from my Uncle's Cousin's house straight to his brother-in-law's shop to add the fuel pump and get it driving condition for me. So the all the mechanical work will be done before I even get to see it for a second time. For body work, minor rust on both rear quarter panels (which is $149.50 for each panel replaced) and it needs new paint of course because it is sunbaked Ivory Green. And the interior needs a complete restoration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club, Brandon. Sounds like you've got a nice project there and a nice plan of attack. Looking forward to the pictures when you get the car. Glad to have you here!

Welcome from TriCities WA. Sounds like you are approaching the build like me. Building it to suit your needs but nothing to prevent you from restoring it back to stock. Post some Pics.

-jbojo

Welcome from West Virginia!

@Steven Harris and @droptop73 I have always been interested in classic cars. I have actually gotten people at my school interested in looking at them and learning about them. But you see who is actually going for owning one, lol. And since November 27th last year I turned my girlfriend who didn't know anything about cars to knowing a hell of a lot about classic cars, and she's a big Mopar fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back