FORD/HELMS BUILD SHEET

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 red convertible 351 4 V
Has any one ever ordered a deluxe build sheet from Ford/Helms. On the web site there 46.00 bucks and I was wondering if they give more detail then the Marti report. There on Ford letter head and signed by Elena Ford. I have a Deluxe Marti report and wonder how they compare.

John J

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to see one of these also...someone must have one to post.

Jeff

Has any one ever ordered a deluxe build sheet from Ford/Helms. On the web site there 46.00 bucks and I was wondering if they give more detail then the Marti report. There on Ford letter head and signed by Elena Ford. I have a Deluxe Marti report and wonder how they compare.

John J

They also have Recall Clearance letter and a US Saftey and Emissions letter you can get for 18.00 bucks each. There is also a technical data sheet for 34.00 bucks. Somebody out there must have some of the letters.

John J

They also have Recall Clearance letter and a US Saftey and Emissions letter you can get for 18.00 bucks each. There is also a technical data sheet for 34.00 bucks. Somebody out there must have some of the letters.

John J
What is the address to the website?

That's the web site. I emailed Ford motor company about finding out more information about my car and they told me to go to this web site. I thought someone out there would have gotten a Ford build sheet and I just want to know if they thought it was as good as a Marti Report.

John J

I called Ford's CRC (customer Relations center) back in 08' and this is what I received about 3 months later.

its like a very basic stripped down Marti report.

letter from ford.JPG

the option list is the same as Marti's report, and the Production date is the same.

the Deluxe Marti report gave a little more info about on the dates, and dealer info.

Here is my build sheet from Helms, personally I really don't care for the overpriced Marti Statistics. I just wanted the basics of my car as it came in 1971.

1971 Mach 1.jpg

Thanks for posting this info about your car.

Where was the car sold originally? I'd guess northern by the rear defroster glass and no a/c.

There were a total of 3407 1971 fastbacks (sportsroofs and Mach 1's combined) produced with the 302-2v and 3 speed manual transmission. (Source: "Mustangs by he Numbers", by Kevin Marti

It appears to have been equipped with the standard hood, sInce the no-cost NASA/NACA hood is not listed as an option. That is unique in that most dealers and customers ordered them with the NASA, non-functioning ram-air hood.

From 1971 Ford Facts Book:

"Unique hood with twin NASA-type hood scoops, optional

at no extra cost on Mach I with standard engine"

Ray

I believe it was sold originally in Gouverneur, NY but not 100% on that. Far as I know it came with the standard hood. I should be able to dig some pics of it up and scan them when I head back up north next month. Originally had the hubcap wheels also. My understanding was it was originally supposed to be turned into a sleeper by the original owner but he lost interest and never followed through and sold it after only a few years. Spent its whole life in northern NY prior to me buying it in 2004 or 2005 area.

Back