Windshield moldings

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Mach 1. I am the second owner.
I just went to Bozeman, MT for a car show and it was 1500 miles round trip. The car did well but I cracked my windshield somehow. I need to replace the moldings as the originals are in very bad condition. The main ones I have found online are from Dynacorn and I have not heard good things about those. Does anyone know of another brand and a good place to buy them. I have checked Ohio Mustang Supply but they are out of stock. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a front and back Dynacorn repo's, the back window moldings were worthless (paper thin), bent them within seconds trying to put them on. The front ones were better but they just didn't fit a good as the originals. Gave up on them and searched for good used ones which I polished up and slapped on. Paid more for the used ones than the new repo's but the price difference is worth it in my book.

So how did the drive go? I-90 has broken more than one windshield, especially if you get behind a truck.

I just went to Bozeman, MT for a car show and it was 1500 miles round trip. The car did well but I cracked my windshield somehow. I need to replace the moldings as the originals are in very bad condition. The main ones I have found online are from Dynacorn and I have not heard good things about those. Does anyone know of another brand and a good place to buy them. I have checked Ohio Mustang Supply but they are out of stock. Thanks.
The rear ones are too soft and easily bent - I stopped carrying them.

They will work OK if you use window sealant to hold them. If you use the clips you will bend them. If you want a set I can order some in.

Front ones are fine - I have sold lots of them with no complaints.

Don

I just got the front window trim from Cj's, it fits & looks great no complaints here

I bought a front and back Dynacorn repo's, the back window moldings were worthless (paper thin), bent them within seconds trying to put them on. The front ones were better but they just didn't fit a good as the originals. Gave up on them and searched for good used ones which I polished up and slapped on. Paid more for the used ones than the new repo's but the price difference is worth it in my book.

So how did the drive go? I-90 has broken more than one windshield, especially if you get behind a truck.
Thanks for the advice.

The drive went well. No major issues except for the broken windshield. The old girl did well on her original motor and suspension.

Made the decision and thanks to everyone for the advice. I am having the original moldings polished out. However they come out it will be an improvement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recently found a mach 1 sitting in the local junk yard. All the exterior trim appears to be in great condition. If you would like I could grab the windshield trim for you. If you are local you can pick it up or I could mail it to you. I will grab photos of it tomorrow and send post them here if you would like. Just let me know

Dang, I just bought a set of originals on eBay for $35. I'd give you my repo's and all you'd have to pay is shipping if you wanna try them. Their descent but obviously original is better. I plan on taking them off in the coming weeks if that isn't too late for you.

Back