Any 71-73 Daily Drivers?

Don65Stang

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thread, Don. As soon as I gather all the pieces up and glue them back together, mine will be a "weekend driver" or more often.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Drive mine everyday :D it may be down a day or two here and there as repairs are done but i love the looks and attention this thing gets

2zdx09d.png

Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. :D Robert [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=357]Visit My Garage[/button]

For roughly 6 years straight mine was the only car I owned. Drove it everyday to high school, and a few years after that. It still is the only car I drive in the U.S. and I would be driving it here in Germany if I could have brought it with me.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

Good thread, yes yes!!... Mine is not a daily driver, that would be impossible here, there are so many car stoles that you just cant let a car like this, parked everywhere.

I now have to do some mantenience and then i´m secret planning a road trip with my lady to explore our country a little better... after that, the car is gonna be a weekend car i suppose..

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

Who uses their 71-73 as a daily driver?

- or -

How frequently do you drive your Mustang?

- or -

If not the mustang what is your daily driver?

Post pics...pics are always welcome. ;)

Hey Don have you done an official intruduction on that thread so you can get a proper welcome yet?

Hi Don,

In the summer I use mine almost as a daily driver. Almost means as often as possible, unless I know it's gonna rain heavily.

I drive it to work and to get groceries and even go on vacation with it.

I make about 6000-9000 miles a year (April - October) with it.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Hey Don have you done an official intruduction on that thread so you can get a proper welcome yet?

Tn fastback, I did post an introduction...here's the link:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-new-to-mach-1

Yeah finally seen it sorry. Just did not want you to miss out. I wish mine was just a driver, daily or weekend:@

Once mine's back on its wheels, shiny, and processing gas, it'll become my daily driver. Mostly because I will enjoy the attention and love the car, but I also have practical reasons if you can believe that. Being 6'5", this is actually one of the more roomy cars I've ever had, and also because my '97 Dodge Ram only gets 12mpg in town... I'm guessing I could squeak at least 20mpg with the 3.00:1 rear-end and keeping the skinny pedal off the mat - probably even more when I add the AOD and Pro-Jection system down the road.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Guest BigPinoyHunk

when i was in 3rd grade until i was in 9th grade my parents used it as a daily'ish driver (was driven on most days unless we needed to drive the van)!!! my dad either drove it to work everyday or my mom drove it around to haul one of us kids to doctor appointments or whatever. i believe my dad something happened to the engine and need a overhaul so the mustang sat. during this long stint of time, i told my dad he was going to keep this car for me when i was old enough to drive. keeping that in mind. my senior year in high school came along and my dad found me a new motor for it out of a roll-over 69 mach 1. we worked on it for a while but i didn't start driving it until shortly after my senior year of high school.

once it was driving when i was 18 and a freshman in college, it was my daily driver until i was 20 years old. at the time i purchased a 02 Ford Ranger XLT as my daily driver. and thats when the 460 build started to come about. car sat for 3 years waiting for me to restore her again.

once i get this car back and finished up, the car will be not a weekend driver or daily driver. but it'll be more of a "ONCE A MONTH DRIVER"!!! :D:D:D

I drive my car every single day. Hell, my license plates read "DALYDRVN". It sees the rain, snow, and sun. Its had drivetrain combos from mild to wild. Its being constantly modified, improved, and takes a good amount of power abuse. Its my only car and I've driven it daily for about 4 years now, on and off for the 2 years before that since I was still building it then. I plan on continuing to daily drive it until its either too damn unpractical (sub 10second car), or until I have the time and money to do a full resto (after which it will be daily driven again! It's a great car and a great driver.

o6xn37.jpg

Executioners Racing

I used to, it was my first car.. drove it for 2 years through the elements. Once my fuel injection swap is sorted out I would love to daily it :).

Guest BigPinoyHunk

speaking of daily drivers, lets see what you guys drive on a daily basis! i would assume alot of us have some kind of truck/suv to haul parts or tow the mustang with. heres my daily driver:

F150.jpg.5c87999088858976d224f6e59ca1aeac.jpg

I drive my car every single day. Hell, my license plates read "DALYDRVN". It sees the rain, snow, and sun. Its had drivetrain combos from mild to wild. Its being constantly modified, improved, and takes a good amount of power abuse. Its my only car and I've driven it daily for about 4 years now, on and off for the 2 years before that since I was still building it then. I plan on continuing to daily drive it until its either too damn unpractical (sub 10second car), or until I have the time and money to do a full resto (after which it will be daily driven again! It's a great car and a great driver.

o6xn37.jpg

Now that is cool!:cool:

o6xn37.jpg

I knew there had to be someone else like me. :D

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

In the summer it's nearly there. If it's going to rain the car stays home (it leaks so bad I may as well have the top down). I drive it to work and cruise evary available opportunity. In the winter it and the owner hibernate!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

• 1 month later...

My 73 convertible was pretty much a daily driver when I bought it in 1974, but I did have a conversion van that I used for camping, running around town some, and of course dates at the drive-in! As the years went by I used it less and less and tried to preserve it as much as possible by keeping it as an extra car. I stored it for about 10 years from the mid-90's to 2005 when my kids were young because the paint was thin, it needed a paint job, and could not justify spending the money on it. In 2005 when the two boys were approaching drivers age I pulled it out of my parents barn and begain the resurrection with their help. Now that it is almost complete (always one more thing I want to do) it is a fair weather driver only. I do run errands with it during the week and of course on the weekends, but it has not seen a wet road since the paint was finished last spring. It's always fun to watch the heads turn as I drive by. The mileage is documented at about 111,000 miles right now.

This is how it looked in 2005 when we pulled it out of the barn. If you look close through the windshield you'll see the two boy's faces sitting up front. The car was covered with red clay mud dust and some minor surface rust in places from the thin original paint.

2005_0312_141502AA.jpg

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

If I can do the swap to a T5 this year I plan on driving the vert as much as I can this summer. Lol. Unless it rains.... Because she leaks like a bugger.

Ken

Forgot to add my daily driver is an 08 Bullitt

1133069682_IMG00090640x480.jpg.a879d48056e9f6fa7f65303e48e0b015.jpg

1_14_01_12_10_54_29.png

Ken

73 Convertible 302-4v-3spd yellow /white int

08 Bullitt 4.6-5 spd black/black int

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=327]Visit My Garage[/button]

Mine will be a weekend driver. As coolbluestang said, with gas being what it is I can't afford for it to be a daily driver.

That, and I have a work truck!

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg