Any 71-73 Daily Drivers?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
Who uses their 71-73 as a daily driver?

- or -

How frequently do you drive your Mustang?

- or -

If not the mustang what is your daily driver?

Post pics...pics are always welcome. ;)

For roughly 6 years straight mine was the only car I owned. Drove it everyday to high school, and a few years after that. It still is the only car I drive in the U.S. and I would be driving it here in Germany if I could have brought it with me.

Good thread, yes yes!!... Mine is not a daily driver, that would be impossible here, there are so many car stoles that you just cant let a car like this, parked everywhere.

I now have to do some mantenience and then i´m secret planning a road trip with my lady to explore our country a little better... after that, the car is gonna be a weekend car i suppose..

Who uses their 71-73 as a daily driver?

- or -

How frequently do you drive your Mustang?

- or -

If not the mustang what is your daily driver?

Post pics...pics are always welcome. ;)
Hey Don have you done an official intruduction on that thread so you can get a proper welcome yet?

Hi Don,

In the summer I use mine almost as a daily driver. Almost means as often as possible, unless I know it's gonna rain heavily.

I drive it to work and to get groceries and even go on vacation with it.

I make about 6000-9000 miles a year (April - October) with it.

Weekend driver here...but right now it is socked away for winter hibernation!

Once mine's back on its wheels, shiny, and processing gas, it'll become my daily driver. Mostly because I will enjoy the attention and love the car, but I also have practical reasons if you can believe that. Being 6'5", this is actually one of the more roomy cars I've ever had, and also because my '97 Dodge Ram only gets 12mpg in town... I'm guessing I could squeak at least 20mpg with the 3.00:1 rear-end and keeping the skinny pedal off the mat - probably even more when I add the AOD and Pro-Jection system down the road.

when i was in 3rd grade until i was in 9th grade my parents used it as a daily'ish driver (was driven on most days unless we needed to drive the van)!!! my dad either drove it to work everyday or my mom drove it around to haul one of us kids to doctor appointments or whatever. i believe my dad something happened to the engine and need a overhaul so the mustang sat. during this long stint of time, i told my dad he was going to keep this car for me when i was old enough to drive. keeping that in mind. my senior year in high school came along and my dad found me a new motor for it out of a roll-over 69 mach 1. we worked on it for a while but i didn't start driving it until shortly after my senior year of high school.

once it was driving when i was 18 and a freshman in college, it was my daily driver until i was 20 years old. at the time i purchased a 02 Ford Ranger XLT as my daily driver. and thats when the 460 build started to come about. car sat for 3 years waiting for me to restore her again.

once i get this car back and finished up, the car will be not a weekend driver or daily driver. but it'll be more of a "ONCE A MONTH DRIVER"!!! :D:D:D

I drive my car every single day. Hell, my license plates read "DALYDRVN". It sees the rain, snow, and sun. Its had drivetrain combos from mild to wild. Its being constantly modified, improved, and takes a good amount of power abuse. Its my only car and I've driven it daily for about 4 years now, on and off for the 2 years before that since I was still building it then. I plan on continuing to daily drive it until its either too damn unpractical (sub 10second car), or until I have the time and money to do a full resto (after which it will be daily driven again! It's a great car and a great driver.

o6xn37.jpg

I used to, it was my first car.. drove it for 2 years through the elements. Once my fuel injection swap is sorted out I would love to daily it :).

speaking of daily drivers, lets see what you guys drive on a daily basis! i would assume alot of us have some kind of truck/suv to haul parts or tow the mustang with. heres my daily driver:

F150.jpg

I drive my car every single day. Hell, my license plates read "DALYDRVN". It sees the rain, snow, and sun. Its had drivetrain combos from mild to wild. Its being constantly modified, improved, and takes a good amount of power abuse. Its my only car and I've driven it daily for about 4 years now, on and off for the 2 years before that since I was still building it then. I plan on continuing to daily drive it until its either too damn unpractical (sub 10second car), or until I have the time and money to do a full resto (after which it will be daily driven again! It's a great car and a great driver.

o6xn37.jpg
Now that is cool!:cool:

o6xn37.jpg
I knew there had to be someone else like me. :D

Back