Gotta'go now!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kit Sullivan

It seems that the moderators as well as a couple of.other forum members here get quite upset when thier aggresive responses and challenges to me are responded to with the ssme type of attitude.

I have recieved several "warnings" and "this is your last chance" statements from one particular, so clearly this not the place for me.

I have enjoyed all the dealings and interactions with every forum member here except those few I mentioned.

To the rest of you: good luck with your Mustangs, you've got the best ones!

See ya!

Well that's too bad. You are among the most knowlegable guys on here. Best of luck with the next 350,000 miles in your Mach 1. It was nice interacting with you minus the couple of speed bumps along the way. Take care.

Well, bummer. I kind of expected such a long-term '71-'73 owner to have a little bit thicker skin, considering how much crap we put up with from the other Mustang owners. :D

"Adios" and "Buena Suerte" if ya really feel like you need to leave.

Hi Kit,

Always sad to see anybody pull out, but at the end of the day, we all have our own reasons for doing so i guess.

From my own experience, i have not been aware of the problems or issues you now comment on myself. I did notice that you wanted to challenge me or disagree with me in regards my recent posts on the Grabber Lime paint enquiery. However, in my opinion, you as a forum member, are entitled to disagree with me and state your own opinions or ideas on what you might think are true on any particular issue i would raise.

Without knowing much about the whole thing that has been happening with you,the only question i would ask of you, is do you yourself think that you have been rude, unfair or agressive or nasty to any other forum members in your communications with them at all to start with? Or do you think your own behaviour has been remiss to start with? I really don't know, but that could be worth thinking about maybe.

Anyway, how you play it, is your decision. If you definately do go, all the best for the future, and thanks for your input in your dealings with me in the forum.

Greg:)

Kit,

Come on man, hang around! So you had a little spat with someone - let it go. There aren't too many original owners of 429 Mach 1's out there. We all value your opinion - whether we agree with it or not. You were just coming around to my way of thinking on the seat material too :)

Reconsider and stay around.

Sorry to see you go. I thought you brought up some good points In several discussion. Everyone has different opinions on things. If everyone agreed on everything this web site would be petty boring.

John J

Well, bummer!

You have lots of knowledge and provided much information on the forum. That is why it's sad that you wanna leave.

You may have rubbed a few people against the grain but that's the way interacting with people works. If we were here to all agree with one another and be one happy family there would be I use for a forum like this.

Anyway, if you really have to leave I want to thank you for your input and wish you good luck for your future.

I think we all need a break from here every now and then. I took time off while we were moving and came back and it seems there is a different feel. I had a comment I made pointed out by members to another member basically saying I directed a bad comment at him, which was untrue. People can interpret typed statements very differently since the delivery has no emotion to it. Take a break then come back. Take a drive and remember why you are here, enjoyment of your car and sharing your experiences.

Everyone has their own reasons to be here or not. I really don't think it is tough to get along with folks on here.

Mweeps said it well. Postings are a lot different than spoken words. So postings are very easy to misinterpret.

Some folks don't take well to criticism of any kind. I have been guilty of that very same thing. And I have learned to at least consider other's opinions - even when it is directed at me. Sometimes I have agreed and other times I decided to dismiss their concerns.

I'd like to see a common internet forum where everyone checks their attitudes at the ... door and we all communicate well to help facilitate each others' respective automotive projects. If not, I'd hope we all strive to get close to that ideal.

Hoping the best for all -

Ray

Folks,

I was just reflecting on Kit wanting to leave, and had a few more personal thoughts that i wanted to share.

I was talking to Wendall the other day personally about spraypainting issues etc., and i mentioned to him in passing that where i come from in my dealings with people to do with the forum is .......... that i really love to show people what i've done with my car since i've owned it. That's all the little projects i've done to do the car up and improve it. There's two reasons for that.I know you guys love your Mustangs very much,and I really love my car, and am very proud of it as well, and i love to pass on what i've done to other folks so they can maybe take help or benefit from what i've done and have a win themselves. In that way i'm sharing with you all. I really love doing that.That means a lot to me.

Also, i really enjoy and get a buzz out of communicating with people from around the world. To me that's a real wow as well.Lastly, i have mentioned several times that i'm a pro auto spraypainter with around 37years experience. I am very proud of my trade and working life background, and have learnt a hell of a lot along the way.Nothing would give me more pleasure than to help forum members with any painting issues that may arise. I feel in that regard, i have a lot to offer folks, and can be of great help.I know there are other forum members as well that have great experience in motor body and painting too, and their contributions are very helpfull and valuable indeed. So i don't think i'm the only person that can help people in the forum in that regard. However, if i don't know something that a forum member has asked, i will always say i don't know rather than pretend i do, and try to make out i'm a big shot that knows everything about everything just to feel i'm important to people. That's never been my style.

I don't think i'm mister wonderful and know everything about spraypainting and Mustangs there is to know. We all never stop leaning in life, and i'm still learning about spraypainting as i go. As well, i don't mind admitting that my weak area, just for the record, are mechanical issues. In that department, i really don't know much at all, and found some of the boys on the forum an absolute treasure house of knowledge and information in that regard.Wow!, what they don't know! They have helped and educated me in many ways, which has been fantastic. My respect and thanks for sharing guys. It means a lot.Everyone has something to offer in life and that goes for the Mustang forum as well i think.Everyone has their part to play if they want. That's a great thing.

So the big way to look at it for me, is what a powerhouse this forum is becuse we collectively pool and share and contribute our ideas and knowledge for everyone's benefit. That's awsome! Also, the joy and fun with human beings connecting and interacting and enjoying each other's interests and passions is a fantastic thing as well.

If we try and respect each other, give quarter, and show patience and tolerance as we go, there's no stopping us.

The very best to all.

Greg:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the support from the "good ones" here, and to the ton of positive PMs I recieved. I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me about anything...I kind of like the give-and-take, thats how we learn new things.

What I can't stand is the constsnt barrage of PMs and "warnings" from the mods who tell me to cool it because they get angry that I don't agree with thier opinion.

And the childish threats and expljcit and vulgar insults and name calling in the PMs is ridiculous.

The mods havd an ego-driven power-tripping clique gking on, and I want no part of that.

Thanks to the rest of you! You can always PM me if they don't deletd my account.

Have fun!

Kit

Thanks for all the support from the "good ones" here, and to the ton of positive PMs I recieved. I have no issues with anyone disagreeing with me about anything...I kind of like the give-and-take, thats how we learn new things.

What I can't stand is the constsnt barrage of PMs and "warnings" from the mods who tell me to cool it because they get angry that I don't agree with thier opinion.

And the childish threats and expljcit and vulgar insults and name calling in the PMs is ridiculous.

The mods havd an ego-driven power-tripping clique gking on, and I want no part of that.

Thanks to the rest of you! You can always PM me if they don't deletd my account.

Have fun!

Kit
Well, your departure is our loss. I don't understand why folks have to be rude, vulgar and abusive, but I know there are all types out there. I wish you'd stick around, even if just lurking and send us PM's when we're getting some wrong info. I'm not going to say good-bye to you, but just consider you temporarily disconnected. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.

Back