New member from the high plains of Wyoming 1970's Mustang fan!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyostang

Reaction score
My Car
1972 notchback 351c 2v
Hey everybody proud to be part of the 70's Mustang group. I agree with Rocket Dog that the big body stang has something unique to its style. I have always liked this era of the Ford classic.photo.JPG

photo (1).JPG

car front.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas!!! (Transplanted from Cheyenne)

Welcome from West Virginia! I saw a white coupe just like that the other day and I think they just spray bombed it all Black after I saw it!

Welcome from West Virginia! I saw a white coupe just like that the other day and I think they just spray bombed it all Black after I saw it!
Some people are all about the black paint job...I think a white one would be cool. I will go with the original red for this car though original can be good.

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas!!! (Transplanted from Cheyenne)
Good ol' Chey-town, that where this car is from!

Welcome from Western Washington. I was just in Wyoming (Yellowstone) last Sunday.
Got to love Jellystone!

::welcome:: to the club from northern Nevada. Nice 'stang. Glad to have you here!
Thank you! I joined because I have a few questions that I know I can get answer for here.

Last edited by a moderator:
This car was originally sold in Cheyenne Wyo than traded into a used dealership. A guy bought it off the lot and then garaged it and did some major work on the engine, he was unable to complete the job so a mechanic I know ended up buying it completed the engine rebuild and sold it to me. It is a solid running machine it is going to need some interior work and a paint job. I am trying to decide how I want to approach that I am thinking of restoring to as near original as I can go. Red paint on the exterior like it had when it was new and I am even thinking of trying to hook up the old stereo and 8-track inside. Any suggestions, warnings or tips from anyone out there? Also it appears to have a Mach 1 grille and I am trying to get an answer as to whether this a modification or if some of the notchback models in 72 had that style of radiator grille?

it is called the Decor Group in Ford language. And you have a "hardtop" not a notchback, though Coupe is often used. There is also a Grande version of the hardtop. http://paintref.com/mustang/1972/1972_00061_05.jpg
Hi there,

Yeah I have heard all three descriptors, (hardtop, coupe and notchback) I like all three! I am confused, what specifically is the decor group? I have seen a few Grande models around mine as you know is just the basic model but that is fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back