New member from the high plains of Wyoming 1970's Mustang fan!

Wyostang

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This car was originally sold in Cheyenne Wyo than traded into a used dealership. A guy bought it off the lot and then garaged it and did some major work on the engine, he was unable to complete the job so a mechanic I know ended up buying it completed the engine rebuild and sold it to me. It is a solid running machine it is going to need some interior work and a paint job. I am trying to decide how I want to approach that I am thinking of restoring to as near original as I can go. Red paint on the exterior like it had when it was new and I am even thinking of trying to hook up the old stereo and 8-track inside. Any suggestions, warnings or tips from anyone out there? Also it appears to have a Mach 1 grille and I am trying to get an answer as to whether this a modification or if some of the notchback models in 72 had that style of radiator grille?

Trivia time! What was the name of the Ford dealer in Cheyenne, who originally sold your Mustang???

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

This car was originally sold in Cheyenne Wyo than traded into a used dealership. A guy bought it off the lot and then garaged it and did some major work on the engine, he was unable to complete the job so a mechanic I know ended up buying it completed the engine rebuild and sold it to me. It is a solid running machine it is going to need some interior work and a paint job. I am trying to decide how I want to approach that I am thinking of restoring to as near original as I can go. Red paint on the exterior like it had when it was new and I am even thinking of trying to hook up the old stereo and 8-track inside. Any suggestions, warnings or tips from anyone out there? Also it appears to have a Mach 1 grille and I am trying to get an answer as to whether this a modification or if some of the notchback models in 72 had that style of radiator grille?

Trivia time! What was the name of the Ford dealer in Cheyenne, who originally sold your Mustang???

Im guessing Ken Graff or Spradley Barr but now I want to know for sure so it looks like I have some detective work to do!

Im guessing Ken Graff or Spradley Barr but now I want to know for sure so it looks like I have some detective work to do!

The Ford dealer in Cheyenne at that time was "Walton Motor Company". It became "Fassett-Nickel Ford" in 1976 or 77, and then "Spradley-Barr Ford" in the early 2000's. Fun facts to know and tell!

photo.thumb.JPG.05431bd64f1dc6d8ec8bececcd2c9403.JPG

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

Good to know! I was going to see about a title report but you had it pegged. It would be kinda cool to have a badge like that to stick on the ol' Mustang. I need to get one fender badge as well as the deck lid script.

Welcome from western Tennessee. ::welcome::

Ron

The Rickster, a 1973 Mach 1, being restored as a tribute to my brother who passed away with COVID in July 2020.

Billy, a 1976 Ford Bronco, also needs a lot of work.

El Guapo, a 1986 F150, frame-off Resto-Mod.

Also, in the queue, a 1950 Ford F1 Panel truck and 1962 Falcon Ranchero